Mist elves wearing iron rings - inconsistent behaviour
issueid=4301 03-29-2016 03:01 PM
Number of reported issues by SinsI: 41
Mist elves wearing iron rings - inconsistent behaviour

Mist elven wizard started the game with two identical rings of mental stability (wiki says it is made of iron).
If she puts on one, she can wear it properly with no negative effects. If she puts on two at the same time, she starts to get damage with the usual "Your skin is destroyed by the touch of impure metal".

Since it is a starting character, she has no damage-reducing talents.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4301
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r60
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-29-2016 04:23 PM
Not a bug. One iron is too small to poison ME hence it can be worn with no penalty. Two iron rings are already enough to slowly damage ME.

03-29-2016 05:32 PM
Quote Originally Posted by ixi
Not a bug. One iron is too small to poison ME hence it can be worn with no penalty. Two iron rings are already enough to slowly damage ME.
In that case it is extremely counterintuitive and requires direct explanation in the manual (so it is a bug in the manual) - items should behave consistently, and not work fine in one case and hurt in another with no explanation.

03-29-2016 05:40 PM
There are tons of strange things that happen in adom without explanation although I would say it might be nice to throw in a line in the manual about how a small amount of impure metals is tolerable.

03-29-2016 05:49 PM
At the very least there should be some kind of message indicating that not everything is alright with the ring when you put it on - i.e. "you feel uncomfortable from the touch of this ring" - even if it is not enough to cause damage.

03-29-2016 08:20 PM
Ancient Member
This behavior was implemented so that mist elven elementalists wouldn't receive a useless heir gift. I agree it should be documented.

03-30-2016 06:57 AM
Message upon putting the ring would make sense...

+ Reply