Eating quicklings can decrease speed
issueid=3894 09-18-2015 05:20 PM
Number of reported issues by emilus: 48

Eating quicklings (regular,lords,queen,kings) can sometimes decrease speed.
My Pc nad 140 speed max from eating quicklings but when he tried to get past 140 eating quicklings speed was decreasing to 130, 120...
Issue Details
Issue Number 3894
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Not a Bug
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM r60
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

09-18-2015 05:49 PM
Aww... Maybe that quicklings were cursed, poisoned, evil or this is just their vengence for killing? :)

09-18-2015 05:56 PM
Ancient Member
I made this mistake once, but it's actually that they're putting you in sated/bloated state which actually slows you down. Once you return to the satiation you were at before it should report an increase or no change.

09-18-2015 06:04 PM
corpses were uncursed... each time I've got message 'suddenly you move faster' but speed was decreasing each time i've consumed quickling.

09-18-2015 06:10 PM
Quote Originally Posted by auricbond
I made this mistake once, but it's actually that they're putting you in sated/bloated state which actually slows you down. Once you return to the satiation you were at before it should report an increase or no change.
After eating much uncursed quicling corpses my PC was never near old 140 speed but 120... and not bloated/satiated.
This case need to be investigated.

09-18-2015 06:11 PM
Ancient Member
Hmm, ok then, you could be onto something. Not something i'm experiencing, got my speed over 250 with the quickling tree and I didn't see a single decrease after taking bloating into consideration, the worst was having no change. :)

09-18-2015 06:13 PM
I've casted remove curse spell on each before consuming... just to be sure.

03-20-2018 04:30 PM
Administrator
Can you provide a saved game? So far my characters all get satiated too quickly to reproduce any of this.

03-25-2018 07:22 PM
Please close thread. Speed decreased probably from changing status to satiated.

+ Reply