Special birth message is never displayed in NotEye
issueid=4163 12-13-2015 10:20 AM
Number of reported issues by ixi: 51
Special birth message is never displayed in NotEye

It was quite boring process where I was generating gnomish bards in deluxe version. I was precisely looking into character screen in hope of getting "falling star" or "two-headed calf" message. After character was generated I was checking e[x]perience curve. Finally I generated a couple of characters which require about 10% less experience to advance to level 41 but there were no special message during birthday!

Am I missing something? Where is this message hidden? I'm pretty sure this message just isn't displayed anyhow.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4163
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Fixed Version ADOM 3.1.3
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 5
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-15-2015 02:59 PM
I've been wondering too. Haven't seen "Long lost brother" either in deluxe version. Maybe it's just not displaying it in NotEye version. I was wondering if it was removed or simply not displayed.

12-15-2015 03:10 PM
I did some tests with both graphical and NotEye versions. Special birth messages are regularly appear in non-graphical version but I didn't managed to get even a single one with any NotEye version I tried.

12-22-2015 10:37 PM
I just got falling star message in a steam version that was just released. It's a black screen with the message without any NotEye graphics which looks really special, at least it was really unpredictable!

I guess this one can be marked as fixed and closed.

12-22-2015 10:55 PM
Ancient Member
Has this been added to background information yet? Or .flg? Really should be if it isn't.

12-23-2015 08:42 AM
I haven't seen anywhere near as many special effects since upgrading to NotEYE - it might well be that the graphics aren't showing all the time?

12-23-2015 04:38 PM
It isn't in background. I didn't managed to kill that PC yet hence don't know about flg.
In any we have another RFEs for this in the forum.

03-20-2018 03:01 PM
Administrator
The special birth messages were never shown in NotEye, sorry for that. Fixed.

+ Reply