Missiles not stacking (again)
issueid=2841 04-19-2014 11:57 AM
Number of reported issues by Qui: 98
Missiles not stacking (again)

As a follow-up to this: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2822

And just to make it clear: The only simple fix I see is to remove all variability for to-hit and to-damage from all missiles. If you want that please file a separate RFE. Personally I do not like the idea too much.
Well, I'd say yes to that. I already assumed the fix for p21 would concern all missiles, and I thought it was brilliant. Disappointed it was not so. The issue is, if someone's using archery often, and has autopickup missiles on, there will be oh so much rubbish in the inventory with single arrows with different to-hit, different damage, different status and prefixes... And they are basically unusable, because having to reload after one shot is tedious and dangerous. Having base to-hit and damage the same would make less rubbish and more meaningful stacks.

And on the flip side - +3/-3 differences in to-hit/damage aren't all meaningful. I think we can live without them. And actually prefixed missiles could matter more.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2841
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Votes for this feature 18
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-22-2015 07:12 PM
Enough votes yet?

Also please include a fix for the poison issue.

11-22-2015 07:35 PM
Ancient Member
Note that the votes don't mean that everyone agrees with the text of the RFE as it is, there is discussion of several variants in the thread.

11-23-2015 10:51 AM
I have posted not long ago solution without modyfying to-hit/dmg bonuses of missiles. {3956}
But implementing this rfe require little programming.
Please check this out :)

09-13-2017 06:07 PM
The Creator

+ Reply