NotEye: changing tile-size before character creation is complete crashes the script
issueid=2975 05-15-2014 12:41 AM
Number of reported issues by tkoyah: 10
NotEye: changing tile-size before character creation is complete crashes the script

If you start ADOM, but haven't yet entered the game-world (ie: haven't completed creating a new character, and haven't restored an old game), and you press [ctrl+m] to enter the NotEye settings, [m] graphical mode and mini-map, then [z] current tile size, and enter any number (I usually set a tile-size of 32), the NotEye script will crash.

The error message:
The NotEye script has crashed... what do you want to do?
error: did not yield [./common/vectors.noe:44: attempt to index local 'a' (a nil value)]

Am able to crash NotEye on this way with ADOM on Win7, Win8, and two Mac's with MacOS 10.9.2. This error has existed since before PR22 I think. It's present in PR23 certainly.
Note: I have installed PR23 cleanly. ie: config and settings files and the ADOM folders from PR22 and earlier were deleted/moved before testing.

The crash can easily be avoided by entering the game-world first, then setting the tile size.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2975
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority 6
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version ADOM r48
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-26-2014 07:02 AM
Issue Changed by jt