Make all weapons and armour in Darkforge metal
issueid=2742 03-03-2014 10:11 PM
Number of reported issues by Qui: 98
Make all weapons and armour in Darkforge metal

It makes no sense for Kherab to keep around clothes, robes, stone clubs, etc. Would be more thematic to have only metal items generate in DFG weapon and armour rooms. It would most likely improve the loot on average, so the rooms could be made smaller if that's a concern. Probably not necessary though.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2742
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 21
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-04-2014 02:59 AM
My first time ever clearing Darkforge a few weeks ago the armor cache was all clothes and robes except for 2 items. Pretty disappointing.

03-05-2014 09:56 PM
Ancient Member
No more shirt of saints, robes of resistance, possibly nature's companion since it's leather so it hardly has anything to do with shaping and forging metals.
Though I guess artifacts could be made exception and still appear.

03-05-2014 11:05 PM
Ancient Member
If you allowed those artifacts to appear, it would be trivial to identify them in Darkforge because any non-metal objects appearing would obviously be artifacts.

That may or may not be a concern - but there you go. (I forget how obvious those objects are from item desc)

03-06-2014 12:49 AM
Ancient Member
Is it not trivial to identify them already? Pick up all clothes that weigh 20s, all leather armors that weigh 120s? Also as far as I know, RoR when unidentified appear under the same name.
Lastly, if somebody clears DF armor/weapon rooms without a blessed scroll of ID, then they're probably doing something wrong.

03-08-2014 12:38 AM
Never found anything quality in the armour room, just kherabs dirty laundry!

10-13-2017 10:51 AM
Perhaps it is a good day to bump...

10-13-2017 11:38 AM
Ancient Member
Yeah, 4 sets of leather armor, 5 sets of studded leather armor, a couple of clothes sets and a single measly iron armor on my last visit.

An alternative would be to leave armors from any material, but make them guaranteedly affixed. So 'artificer' does not strictly means metalsmith, but still has some merit and the potential to be desirable for a visit.

10-13-2017 09:15 PM
The weapon room can often be worthwhile as-is.

The armor room is total trash and full of robes etc right now.

Maybe a simple fix would be to stop generation of low-dl weapons and armor? (Although I've no idea if that's simple or not to implement!)

10-16-2017 10:09 AM
It makes no sense for Kherab to keep around clothes, robes, stone clubs, etc.
and pools maybie? Did he use it?
Its just rng,like rocks,and orc corpses in some shops of self-respected dwarfs.

10-16-2017 03:54 PM
Quote Originally Posted by JagaJazzist
Its just rng,like rocks,and orc corpses in some shops of self-respected dwarfs.
“These other things are wrong too.” is not a good argument for not fixing something.

10-16-2017 04:12 PM
Kherab's dirty laundry... LOL.

It's totally randomized and that's not really a big problem, but if it's simple enough to implement I would vote to exclude clothes, robes, and furs from the armory.

10-16-2017 05:48 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by BenMathiesen
Kherab's dirty laundry... LOL.

It's totally randomized
I totally prefer 1.1.1 randomization. You know things like dragon scale mail or higher metal stuff used to happen in that room. No, it seriuosly more of laundry room than armory.

10-16-2017 06:55 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Soirana
I totally prefer 1.1.1 randomization. You know things like dragon scale mail or higher metal stuff used to happen in that room. No, it seriuosly more of laundry room than armory.
Yes. If nothing else, even if just clothes were excluded it would be a great improvement.

+ Reply