RFE: Put a forest tile near outside of the entrance to Tomb of the High Kings for sake of bridge builders
issueid=3327 09-21-2014 12:30 AM
Number of reported issues by ScooterSkittles: 3
RFE: Put a forest tile near outside of the entrance to Tomb of the High Kings for sake of bridge builders
Bridge building is hard, and that's OK, but could a forest be placed right outside or at least near the entrance to the Tomb?

I don't mind how bridge building works at the moment--it's not easy and that's fine. But lugging logs into the Tomb of the High Kings is menial and time consuming work piled on the poor player who has the uncommon bad luck of not getting any ice-bridge-creating methods.

I suggest a change: have one tile of forest in the overworld in the north-west valley, somewhere near or even just outside the dungeon entrance leading to the Tomb of the High Kings. Right now, in the valley all you have is swamps, plains, hills, and the Minotaur Ruins. The ruins do have a decent number of trees, but nothing as helpful as a forest tile would be. It would be a nice aid to someone stuck with no wands of cold and no magic who's destined to attempt some bridge building. It's already hard enough when the RNG doesn't grant the ease of a wand of cold; let's give them a easier way to haul logs from the surface straight down into the Tomb.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3327
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r50
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-21-2014 03:16 AM
Absolutely. Alternatively, just make bridge building less utterly worthless in the first place. It should be a reasonable alternative to swimming in general.

09-21-2014 07:05 AM
Ancient Member
I have to think not having a forest in this area was intentional, but I agree that there should be one.

OTOH, there are now to guaranteed wands of cold, so bridge building is pretty worthless regardless.

09-21-2014 11:47 PM
I like the idea of having a little bit of forest nearby. The poor bridge-building skill is so terribly useless. I only used to get it when I was a newbie player. I never did the carpenter quest after I found out about the druid quest.

Wands of cold may be an option, but it's always nice to have an alternative way to do this. And think of how nice it will be not to have to strip your inventory down to be under the ice-supporting limit.

+ Reply