Change how certain messages are displayed
issueid=1657 01-05-2013 10:18 PM
Number of reported issues by tootboot: 5
Change how certain messages are displayed
Some messages are less useful they could be

The swap messages are completely non-helpful in certain situations. 'The ghul swaps places with the ghul' going on for 5 pages every turn isn't really imparting anything helpful to the player, just making them press a lot of keys to step through the message spam.

Secondly, I'd like to see single-line messages stay on the screen if there's nothing else to display. I often have to check the message log to see if my PC has heard anything important because the messages disappear so quickly if I happen to be moving when it appears.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1657
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 8
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-05-2013 10:23 PM
I agree. I wouldn't condense the messages, but I would reserve any "--foo-- swaps places with --foo--" messages for swaps to or from the 3x3 area of adjacent squares to the PC

01-05-2013 10:48 PM
Ancient Member
partial dupe of http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1505. really like the last message staying on screen, though.

01-05-2013 11:50 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta
really like the last message staying on screen, though.
I'm really used to current behavior, so if that were implemented, I'd appreciate being able to toggle it off.

02-17-2013 03:43 PM
Like anon123, I'm also really used to the current behavior, and I propose an alternative solution, inspired by (but not present in) Sage - colored messages for things that betray special dungeon features. See 1115 and my comment.

+ Reply