NotEye crashes when awarded multiple achievements simutaneously [R64 - Steam]
issueid=4265 02-05-2016 01:35 PM
Number of reported issues by zanzammar: 1
NotEye crashes when awarded multiple achievements simutaneously [R64 - Steam]
NotEye crashes and requires a drop to the safe ASCII mode when trying to display multiple achievements.

I posted this over on the steam forum, but I thought I should also post it here as well.

I've had NotEye crash twice on me when I gained multiple achievements at once. I was using the Tiled mode with size 32 tiles and the block mini-map option.

The game shows the dialog for the first achievement and then crashes to the red NotEye crash screen. Steam pops up both achievements with it's own message pop ups. The only way to resume is to fall back to ASCII mode. Afterward, the game is redrawn in ASCII and paused until I hit the space bar, which then brings up the dialog for the second achievement in the game window after resuming. I suspect the "pause" is the game waiting for me to dismiss the dialog for the first achievement but it is not redrawn after switching to ASCII mode.

How to reproduce:
Trigger multiple achievement awards at the same time while playing in Tiled mode. In case it is specific achievements the two times this occured I was awarded Well-Known Demi-urge + Achiever, and Scorer + Consistent Believer.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4265
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (Steam)
Status Fixed
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone "Resurrect ADOM" Indiegogo Fulfillment
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users jt, Zeno
Tags (none)

10-10-2017 05:57 PM
The Creator
Seems to work these days. No idea when this got fixed but I'm marking it as fixed for 2.3.5 so that it shows up in a change log.

+ Reply