Auto_Swap_Neutral doesn't work when wielding two shields
issueid=4680 02-07-2017 05:23 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grond: 971
Auto_Swap_Neutral doesn't work when wielding two shields

If you have Auto_Swap_Neutral set to true and attempt to move into the square of a non-hostile monster while wielding two shields it gives a "You should wield a weapon!" message instead of swapping with them.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4680
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 9
Affected Version ADOM r72 (v2.2.6)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-07-2017 07:27 AM
The issue is not in the weird behavior you experiencing... The issue that you're wielding two shield to make sure you won't harm anyone...

At least this always was my impression. I think that the proper fix would be a mode or a tactic in which PC won't be attacking anyone

02-07-2017 05:21 PM
Ancient Member
IMO the correct behavior in this case is to perform a swap, regardless of whether some special 'no attack' mode is implemented.

02-09-2017 05:51 AM
This could be because swapping neutrals can (could?) aggro them? Is that still the case?

02-09-2017 06:33 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo
This could be because swapping neutrals can (could?) aggro them? Is that still the case?
That is still the case. I'm not sure what bearing that has on this issue, though. The chance to aggro an NPC with swapping isn't any greater if you are wielding two shields, and this is a risk you already accept by having "Auto_Swap_Neutral" set to true.

+ Reply