Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Race/Class

Hurthling barbarian & trollish wisard is our choice )

Grey elven bard was my first win - amazing versatility with Concentration, and great luck throughout the game. Drakelings have to be my favourite race though, with gnomes a close second. Best class is probably priests, though I've never managed to properly win with one (got a chaos wretch ending though - that was... fun).

I`ve scored most points playing Human/Barbarian and later Gray Elf Priest which has changed his alignment after eating white unicorn( i`ve thought it will cure corruption :-( ) to Chaotic. Very often i`m playing Human/Wizzard.

I used to pick race and class according to what my birth sign was, but I never seem to do particularly better or worse with one class over another so I started using the random generation every time. It's a good way to be exposed to the different playstyles required for the different combinations.
    Bowen, Knight of the Old Code

Human Druid FTW!

Three words: Animals don't attack!

That means no problems with Kitty Karma. Granted later in the game, they can be summoned or found in monster rooms, but generally those are evadable at that point.

Also outside of a Wizard, I have found more tomes with a druid than any other class.

Recently I have been randomizing everything with the rule that I have to play what I get until I die. Granted a Gnomish Farmer tends to attempt MUCH harder tasks earlier in the game. Heeheehee.

Quote Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
    For some odd reason I've played exclusively gray-elf wizards, out of maybe 1000 characters probably 990 have been those and maybe 10 high-elf wizards. Also, I don't start out with characters which have either poor learning or really low toughness/strength, so I've probably discarded 500 of those 1000 characters right from the beginning. And most of the other 500 have probably died early in the game .
    I'm much the same, all of my characters are GEWs named 'Dennis'. I don't even know why I call them that.

For my favorite race, I would have to say high elf. For my favorite class, I would have to say paladin.
    Ancient Domains of Insanity
    Insane Dungeon of the Rogues
    Twitch

If you happen to know of a location to a missing chapter of ADOI, please contact me. <3

Troll Healer, an amazing HP recovery rate, high strenght, me crush punny foes!

Default My favorite class

My favorite character combo is any kind of elfish priest (solely for detect item status lol). Otherwise elvish spellcasters are particularly helpful for later stages in the game.
    The only character i ever beat the game on without saving or cheating was a gray elvish priest.

I like hurthling assasins don't ask why I just love boomerangs and I always start with one with that combo also I think hurthlings have better throwing or is that only on rocks?
    Guns don't kill people Magic missiles do!