Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Race/Class

Default Favorite Race/Class

My favorite Race/Class is Human Paladin. yeah i know its stereotype and not exactly the best but its good enough for some hack and slash.
    What a deliciously boring signature.

hurtling farmer and high elven thief. The only two characters, I managed to win the game with.
    Me is troll, me is moomintroll! Me likes ADoM... Me likes Dwarf Fortress... Dis two games is the ones best!

Oh, me likes zombies too!

For some odd reason I've played exclusively gray-elf wizards, out of maybe 1000 characters probably 990 have been those and maybe 10 high-elf wizards. Also, I don't start out with characters which have either poor learning or really low toughness/strength, so I've probably discarded 500 of those 1000 characters right from the beginning. And most of the other 500 have probably died early in the game .

I've only ever finished the game once (in about 10 years!) and that was about 2 weeks ago with a grey-elven bard.

I've always had more luck with bards than any other class:
    • Cats are easily tamed so earning the ROTMC is a cake walk
    • Heir gift of a pair of seven league boots
    • Learn very fast
    • Class powers are great: loads of skills and magic, doubling HP and mana regeneration and +6 to all attributes!
    • Very good starting attribute modifiers

Music skill can be a life saver early on. It'll take care of Karmic lizards as well if you aren't too hot with projectiles. Most annoying thing about it is that when combined with the heir gift of seven league boots no pets can keep up with you!

I'm fond of hurthlings as a race as well. Being born with cooking and food preservation skills and having a god that is partial to cooked food means that you can normally get a couple of pre/post crowning artifacts without too much effort.

Default My favoutite Class/Race.

I love dark elven necromancers and rangers!

If you start as an ranger, you will get a lot of high level skills, and after lvl 6 i dont have to care about starving never.

Necromancers are hard to play, but they make such a sweet play later.

I play lots of classes, I usually go with what works best with my birth sign, but it usually ends up with gnome elementalists, dark elf wizards, human necros, and human rangers.

My favorite is Human Monk. I have finished the game twice playing human monk (one was an ultra ending).
    I hope there is monk in Jade...

High elven archer. Lots of problems can be solved with the bow and speed of an archer. Especially with Sun's messenger. I remember, i've won the game (without ever dying) with a high elven archer, but.. finally i ran out of food! I stupidly surrounded the only ratling trader with doors... forgot about traps. Yes, he opened a door with a trap... I used a wand of wishing (3) to wish for a trader but... no luck ) And no plants..

Quote Originally Posted by theotherhiveking View Post
    I love dark elven necromancers and rangers!

Necromancers are hard to play, but they make such a sweet play later.
    So, I'm playing a high elf necromancer right now. I'm going for an ultra, but I think I'm going to have to give up soon because I can't find an amulet of life saving for the life of me. Anyway, this is my first necro to get to where I need to start thinking about the end game.

theotherhiveking, what's so fun about necromancers later in the game? Just raising a whole army of Wights or something? That's what I'm doing in the Ogre Caves getting ready to turn chaotic. Anywho, just wondering.

On the theme of this thread, though, I loves me some dark elf assassins, so EVIL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    So, I'm playing a high elf necromancer right now. I'm going for an ultra, but I think I'm going to have to give up soon because I can't find an amulet of life saving for the life of me. Anyway, this is my first necro to get to where I need to start thinking about the end game.

theotherhiveking, what's so fun about necromancers later in the game? Just raising a whole army of Wights or something? That's what I'm doing in the Ogre Caves getting ready to turn chaotic. Anywho, just wondering.

On the theme of this thread, though, I loves me some dark elf assassins, so EVIL!!!

Raising armies isnt fun, i mean in overall terms, they are hard, playing other magical class is boring for me, at last i always finish casting the damage spell and runing to recover some mp to cast it again, sometimes even with some direct fighing, with the necros it is different.. i mean, you can raise a death to block a door a few turns while get to the other side and kill all of them while they run from your summon to you.. is just a lot of things, it is not more 'funny' i just find it more interesting, with a paladin all i can do it slash, slash, slash, slash... specially in the begining, same with warriors, necros are more interesting, fail and a orc will bash your head with ease because your low hitpoints.
    I never won a Adom game...