Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wishing...

Default Wishing...

can you wish for corpses?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

You can wish for "corpses", which will produce a bunch of random corpses. You cannot wish for a specific monster corpse.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Was thinking of blink dogs...
    Anyone know if it can give you Uniques corpses?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief

Just a silly online game

If given a wish I'd probably go for rings of teleport control instead. Or just wish for a regular blink dog and have it summon.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Wish of the wand of wished vanished though i wasn't doomed. Last charge wrest so OH well. I'll kill the Damn steel golems while two wielding te golden & the Nonakian.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Wish of the wand of wished vanished though i wasn't doomed. Last charge wrest so OH well. I'll kill the Damn steel golems while two wielding te golden & the Nonakian.
    What? You tried to wish for a wand of wishing? Man, you should have wished for a sheep instead...

Anyway, I actually contracted teleportitis last game with no means of control, and had to go on a blink dog quest. I kept jumpuing between I:3 and I:4 until I found one, made it summon a bunch, and left with three corpses(1 to eat, 2 to sell to the guy in Terinyo as a backup). You should try that.

As far as useful wishes... If you haven't found one yet, an Amulet of Life Saving might be best. Even if you don't plan on an ultra ending, Khelevaster gives you like 3-4 wishes worth of equipment if you save his life. Other good wishes can be skills(if you're lacking a critical one... Healing/Herbalism if you only have one and already finished Terinyo, Find Weakness for melee or Concentration if you want to use spells and lack it... etc.) or Eternium Weapons of choice.

nathrakh Guest

I consider wishing for blink dog a waste. They are so common.

@ RNG. Nope, a wish from a wand of wishing. The first one was for AoLS. Steel golems kindly reminded me that i didn't have a fireproof blanket. -2 SoCR.
    @nathrak. They are. Once you got TP. I actually met a few one, but i try to keep lawful till i talk to the Dwarven mystic. i want the axe to get to ultraing. Witch reminds me. I've turned L+ by helping Khelly. I'm going to have to kill a hill orc sergant too , penalty for finishing arena too quick. Worth it though.
    I'm actually hanging between giving the AMW or nonnak's sword?

Just a silly online game

Come on, the AMW is a great artifact! I wouldn't doubt for a second.

Dooming has influence on wands of wishing fizzling? Didn't know that. What I do know is that it can happen if they are cursed.

Sword of Nonnak is crapsauce. Keep the AMW.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.