Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Adom PvP!

I think something like Grey's restrictions would be the only way to make this sort of thing work. It would be theoretically fun, though, if you gave people a month, no rules... other than no savescumming etc, to make the most ridiculously powerful character they could. Wish engined speed and attributes. Fully smithed gear. Uber pets. Artifacts galore. Grandmastery. Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Krogg View Post
    I think something like Grey's restrictions would be the only way to make this sort of thing work. It would be theoretically fun, though, if you gave people a month, no rules... other than no savescumming etc, to make the most ridiculously powerful character they could. Wish engined speed and attributes. Fully smithed gear. Uber pets. Artifacts galore. Grandmastery. Anyway.
    A month real or a month in game?

I was thinking a month real time.... Enough time to basically do whatever you want with a character, using whatever unsavory methods one likes, short of outright cheating.

That would be way too much. I can complete the game in a few days of real time.

There is a simple roguelike PvP game out there - it's called War of Wizards, and it was a simple wizard fighting game made for a 7 day roguelike contest. You can find more details and a download link here:

http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopme...War_of_Wizards

I tried getting it set up before but there was a connection problem. If anyone wants to try again with me I'll happily give it a go - get in touch through the IRC channel.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Just for fun, i realised that mindcrafters might have problems....
    assume you're a lvl50 mindie.
    a lvl 50 dark elf would shrug off easily.

i should really start playing a necromancer.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    There is a simple roguelike PvP game out there - it's called War of Wizards, and it was a simple wizard fighting game made for a 7 day roguelike contest. You can find more details and a download link here:

http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopme...War_of_Wizards

I tried getting it set up before but there was a connection problem. If anyone wants to try again with me I'll happily give it a go - get in touch through the IRC channel.
    I missed this post. I have googled that game and it seems awesome. I'll roam the IRC channel these nights to see if there's someone to try it with.

Also, it gives me ideas for a possible project hybridising ideas from that and another game (not ADOM), which might be doable.

i used to play an awesome game which was based on ultima... Tibia is the name. pretty awesome, it had four classes only though and they were pretty unbalanced, but still, the combat was very roguelikeish, i had a very powerful royal paladin (in this game they are the archers), and i remember very cool combats against people very out of my league power wise, and then there were massive wars... a pretty epic game if you ask me.

the coolest thing about this game probably was luring powerful critters to popular and low level areas. i never did this, but was caught up in a couple. the death used to be like a roguelike, you lost your backpack (which could amount from completely worthless hunting loot to epic thunder bolts -*extremely* expensive- and "sudden death" runes, especially if you held a lot of powerful runes in your backpack, and most people of decent level did, particularly mages usually carried a load of money on theirs) -edit- and you also lost a whole level or more, a wee bit less if you paid some huge tolls and spend a whole day travelling around the map getting some blessings from a couple priests, it could be lessened even more by getting a premium account and upgrading your character (lvl 20 and spending 20k, you would get a title under your name, royal, elite, master, elder). it was not uncommon to see people hunted and driven from a very respectable 30ish to 3 and then again to 0 and to Rookgard island (where you start the game, safe from pvp and in a very controlled environment). the giant spiders... i still remember exactly how they moved. they were the bane of travelers to the western road leading to Venore, possibly the biggest city in the mainland, both extremely fast, summoners, heavy poisoners and hard hitters (did i mention they have a fuckton hp and heal themselves?)... ahh, good times.

if anyone played, my char was Royal Paladin, lvl 47, stats 94 - 82... in the best times i could hit over 250 with a single bolt (critters), and mostly averaged on ~180
    Last edited by Bfig; 02-11-2010 at 03:40 AM.