Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reaching L+?

Uh, "requirement"? Wat.

Unless you're level 50, getting to L+ shouldn't generally be too much of a problem, to be honest. It takes a bit of extra time, but I've never found it to be hugely inconvenient.

That said, I'm not exactly sure what the problem with a dwarf priest is. You are free to change alignment with any class without real penalty (aside from possibly pissing off a deity). You can just as easily be crowned as a chaotic dwarf priest as a lawful one.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Well, call me lazy or stupid, but if you are to get crowned you ought to put some effort into it, you ought to be arsed to find a level with some stomafillia to scum for about 10 mins (100 blessed) and the appropiate alignment level.

Now, dwarves, they start out with L. Wich means it's a requirement to rolling dwarf to start out with L, and unless you have some shrewd plan of how to properly go to N and all of that tedious work, however you would do it, for a crowning, then it's simply much more easy to NOT roll a race that starts out with L, as N= is quite the easiest one of alignments to reach. Unless you have a whip and the patience, and i did not have the whip nor the patience for a whip as i beat my self to death, knowingly, recklessly, on a artifact guardian*.
    Last edited by Doorsfan; 01-15-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Well, call me lazy or stupid, but if you are to get crowned you ought to put some effort into it, you ought to be arsed to find a level with some stomafillia to scum for about 10 mins (100 blessed) and the appropiate alignment level.

Now, dwarves, they start out with L. Wich means it's a requirement to rolling dwarf to start out with L, and unless you have some shrewd plan of how to properly go to N and all of that tedious work, however you would do it, for a crowning, then it's simply much more easy to NOT roll a race that starts out with L, as N= is quite the easiest one of alignments to reach.
    Going from L to N= takes about 30 seconds... at worst, just kill a beggar or two in Lawenithelol. If you're going for a neutral crowning, you've presumably found a neutral altar, in which case you can also just convert your alignment with gold (1 gold piece at a time for maybe 10 iterations should put you neutral).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Acctualy, i found a chaotic altar of then wich i converted to a neutral altar, and it was in thougt of that i'd go for neutral crowning - thougt seeing how my pre-crown gift was thunderstroke and a couple of other factors, it was acctualy quite a flawed char (i had teleport but had to recieved TPC for 18 levels, even thougt i had a while where i went rampant raging on blink dogs). So im going to roll a new one, and this time ; not a dwarf.

If you have the means, healing your pet is a good solution. Only problem is that it needs to be actually injured.

This means, you need a ? of familiar summoning, cure light wounds and move the whole circus to the Tower.

An L altar on a cavernous will help, but is pure luck.

Rolled a new dwarven priest, im at about lev 18 at the moment, have robbed the tomb of the high kings (i got so paniced when i realized teleport don't work, but luckily no confusion got to me), ignored the pyramid (already got black torc for neck and the crowning i got is cold immunity, and also i have seen the mummy lord do quite insane damage, at other chars), done the dwarven graveyard, got through animated forest, yeah, i don't know what to do, proceed to water temple?

Robbed Darkforge, got 2 black dragon scale mails, only took 1 of em tho, was too much of weights to carry 2, got "The Purifier" as crowning gift, so now in total im running about with 30ish DV and 43 PV in normal stance ; hence i run about in berserk most of the time and just mow down anything that comes in my day. Now im pondering what to do thougt, cause i did manage to get my crowning, a post crowning wont happen due to absurd amount of artifacts spawned (Moon sickle, si, gladius, purifer, elemental gauntlets etc.).

Anywho, i started out as lawful, and after a small incident, where i sacrificed too much and the god got kinda pissed at me, i got all my gear turned to dust - thougt being crowned shortly after for neutral deity, meant i at least had purifier. So i ran about with purifier, completely NAKED otherwise, but hey, it turned out fine - i'm rolling on with my priest. I don't recall how but somehow i managed to get 29 To, huh..
    Last edited by Doorsfan; 01-16-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    If you have the means, healing your pet is a good solution. Only problem is that it needs to be actually injured.

This means, you need a ? of familiar summoning, cure light wounds and move the whole circus to the Tower.
    I find the water dragon cave to be the most convenient place. Read a blessed SoFS in there and keep healing. Only problem is that many monsters will start panicking quickly, so it helps to have high speed in case they start running away.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!