Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter forum game or maybenot...

Default Winter forum game or maybenot...

It has been rathe quiet lately so i decided to try one of my sick ideas.

All writing bellow is just material for discussion as i learned that putting people through cornerstones/milestones/whatever is not very fruitful

Setting:
    You are somewhat close to gollum [or Smeagol]... guy who spent some time in swampy area loosing his stats and skills for some pre...

Rules [far far away from final version]:
    Starting save - one from zero guys [all stats set to one, all potentials except perception set to one, no normal items, no starting gold.]. In addition you are bard with as bad skillset as I can roll.

Race- probably human [gives food preservation and swimming as racial], but if you wish anything other... I also can install some skill if most guys can live without it, although skills like allertness, healing, herbalism, concentration and find weakness are clearly no. Literacy most likely will be given.

Month - anything non candle.

Talents - anything people need. Most likely character will get Alert as bonus talent [learned from frogs in swamp or something like that]

Starting bonus - you get set of your prrrecciousss RoDS. Currently i was thinking between 3 and 5. Most likely not more than 5. The biggest point of all this game is choosing what to wish for in such screwed up situation.

Gameplay: i'd honestly like to see some team gaming.... Either each team playing it as democracy game. Or teams discuss strategy and when each player plays individual.

Discretion: Honestly i am sick of "they are doing this we should also..." I do not even dream of enforcing that but keeping business inside your team and not peaking others would be encouraged.

Victory points: i still think anyone winning game is winner by default. Although we could make some other "tiebreakers" like turns [but hard to check against reduction], points [easy to make larger in end] and so on... One thing i would easily asssign extra points i unused starting rings Assuming anyone would do that.

So post your ideas why am a natural born idiot.
    Last edited by Soirana; 01-16-2010 at 04:22 PM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

wishing for red dragon scale mails, seven league boots, and goodie halberds of defnese should get your ass moving.

And your strength would rapidly increase.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

for testing i can offer this one
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I would see golum more as a beastie. ^^
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

I think the character should start with the stealth skill.

Team games are fun, but past experience has shown that absent players can be a problem. We'll need some way to deal with players going missing.

I don't know how well it would work as a team game, since the first person to play gets to blow all the wishes . assuming you mean one of those games where everyone takes turns playing. I really like the idea though, I would definitely play.

And Gollum is obviously a Thief

Oh Alert... good one, haha. This is probably the character who needs TH the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    You are somewhat close to gollum [or Semagol]...

Race- probably human [gives food preservation and swimming as racial]
    Smeagol.

Not hurthling?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

wouldn't smeagol have been an assasin?

I'm not in favor of any challenge in which I can't
    observe the 'progress' of Grey and Soirana, and
    criticise/exagerate horribly.

Maybe each player on a team gets to use 1 wish?

If you survive your turn, you get to keep your
    turn's progress and your wish result. If you die,
    you lose your wish/progress, but still stay in the
    game? Yeah, it's save scumming, but heavily
    newbie friendly : )

Team with fewest 'deaths' gets style points,
    bragging rights, whatever.

Maybe I'd wish for gardening and herb seeds : )

wands of acid + BUGWIL visit sounds promising.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

For major style points, wish for cute puppies and kill them off... double style points if a cute puppy kills you.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.