Thread: Help With Pre-Crowning

Default Help With Pre-Crowning

Hello everyone, so I need some instructions concerning pre-crowning. I have a lvl. 7 character and I managed to find a stable herb patch somewhere in the UD. Now I have like 45 cursed herbs, 120 something normal herbs and like 35 blessed herbs.

1. Is this enough to get pre-crowned?

2. When do I pray to have the weapon appear on my alter? Like what message should I be looking for?

Thanks

All these herbs should be enough for a precrown. If you want to be extra sure ready some money to sac to make the difference, or some items your deity really likes (depends on your race).
    What you're looking for [God] is extremely/absolutely close to you.

For extra safe, you can lure some critters to the altar and sac until you get an inner strength lifting your spirits, or,if you have time, until god is very close.

However, your level might pose a problem here, I don't remember the exact formula, but wasn't it so that you need at least level 9 (and more levels if there are artifacts already generated in your game game?)

nathrakh Guest

That should be enough.

You need to be at "extremely close" and not L+, N= or C-. Also your character level must be >= 8 + 3 * artifacts generated.

Okay so here's some more information on my character, I'm a gnomish wizard, so I think that means my god likes gems. I don't think any artifacts have been generated yet but I'm planning on using the one in Dwarftown so this would mean I need to be at least lvl. 11 because the Si will be generated? yes..
    8+(3*1) = lvl. 11. I love how nerdy ADOM is

Yeah, you'd need to be level 11, assuming no other artifacts have been generated. Saccing your 120 uncursed and 10 of your blessed herbs would be sufficient to get to absolutely/extremely close. However, as a gnome you need to be careful, assuming you're still neutral. You will need to pull away from the N= alignment *after* saccing the herbs (and be careful since the on-screen alignment isn't always kept up to date). I would suggest saccing the herbs, luring a dwarven child out of DT, killing it in melee and then praying.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Gnome elementalist should have no trouble getting to level 11 either so don't worry about the Si.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

> 35 blessed herbs.

> 1. Is this enough to get pre-crowned?

If your herbs are stoma, yes. By the time you have
    120 uncursed, you will have enough overall.

>Gnome elementalist should have no trouble getting to level 11

he's a wizzie

BTW, your art is prolly a melee weapon. Not optimal for a wizzie,
    unless that's just your style. The piety is a good idea though, for
    luck and emergency healing. Crownings kick pre-crowning's butt,
    though even that isn't so great for a wiz, as you'll just get the Staff
    of the Wanderer or something equally useless.

For optimum survival:
    You need books. You need two GOOD shields. You need to use
    darkness, invis, web, teleport. You need piety. You need morgia.
    You need the AMW.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Thanks guys! I love this forum you all are extremely helpful. I've never been crowned before and I've never really understood the value of herbs until I read gut's adventure's, which are also extremely helpful and funny. So lately I've really been playing allot lately and I feel like I'm starting to get someplace now that I've started using things like herbs and holy water. In the last two weeks I've beat my person best score with a lvl. 17 gray elf wizard and than I topped him with a lvl. 18 gnomish wizard. I've been able to beat the pyramid a couple times now. Before I started using things like herbs and whatnot I would hardly get the to pyramid and if I did I almost always died there. so yeah...I guess that's how my personal adventures have been going for anyone who's interested. Is there any other general advice that you think might be helpful to me?