Thread: Bracers of Speed, 10s... Guidebook wrong?

Default Bracers of Speed, 10s... Guidebook wrong?

I'm a little confused, right now. I just got a set of bracers in ADoM, they were 10s. I put them on, and they were bracers of speed.

In the guidebook, and according to ancardia.wikia.com's "material-based identify" page, Bracers of Speed can be identified by their 18s weight, where all other bracers are 10s.

Is this something that was changed in newer versions, and the guidebook is completely wrong? Or is it just that it's rare for Bracers of Speed to be 10s?

It's bracers of regeneration that are 18s. Other bracers weight 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    It's bracers of regeneration that are 18s. Other bracers weight 10s.
    Well, that's not what the guidebook says, nor what the ancardia wiki says. So I'm assuming that the guidebook got it wrong, and that the ancardia wiki took the info from the guidebook.

Sami is right.

Regarding "MBI" page on wikia. It was me who wrote it. It was rainy friday and i conujured it from speculations [whole material group thing is major speculation] and some unverified data [guidebook/houeland] in about two hours.

After that article suffered porting to table form [which IMO sucks]. It had some major problems which I fixed later. Well, bracer thing [and some other known mistakes in it] has been on to do list for a half year.

Probably it gets done one day. Knowing how far away from being sober i was writing it i'd say it still works pretty well.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)