Thread: You hear a distant hiss

Default You hear a distant hiss

While hanging around on the floor above the earth temple, using sickness to try to train up my strength a little further (found a few "comfortable room" +Le -St rooms recently), I got this odd message. "You hear a distant hiss". Finding it strange, I checked the list of messages in the guidebook, and the only "distant" sounds to be heard on there are Wind (vortex) and "Hurumph!" (Dorn beast). A google search turned up no results when searching that phrase along with "adom".

One search that did get a result was searching "You hear a distant" with "adom". Turned up only a few results that were just references to wind or "Hurumph!". Of the two I could actually find, one was a bark, and the other... was a "thundering roar" that occurred on the level directly above the Earth Temple.

Is it possible that there's something about this level? Like, maybe an acoustic effect because it's right above the earth temple, or something?

Thundering roar are fireball traps, activated by monsters.
    As for the hiss... maybe a monster as the hiss as souns (like some gurgle, some scream, some wail, bark ect)... or maaybe a gorgon say hi to someone? foud a statue there?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Yeah I believe it's a monster getting hit (killed?) by a spear trap or something similar. I've seen it before and it's the same sort of thing as a "distant scream" which I get all the time.

Can be arrow trap too. I think it depends on the monster type.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!