Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deep diving in the ID

better than mine...
    Hit by a doppelgangerking, saved by the fate smiles to HP:1
    Then realised : not stunned, not confused, so let's take a step back.
    Bled to death.
    BLEEDING BEFORE REGENERATION. SHIT.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

So who swarmed him? Werewolf Kings? Uber Orcs? Spider Priestesses?

Quote Originally Posted by flibble View Post
    w5? I had an idea that this option existed, but I never bothered to get in the habit of using it. I've never played a character who needed to do so much waiting before. For that matter, there are a lot of useful shortcuts I've never bothered to learn.

Well, Thalberg the dwarven paladin has died on level 622. It was one of those classic moments. I was getting swarmed and getting my ass kicked. I started flailing around desperately, including using up my final casting of Divine Wrath. Then I tried to teleport out of there.

And thus I found out why it pays to quick-mark your spells. I had been teleporting so much lately that it was pure habit to go through the keystrokes to cast the spell. I didn't think about it at all. But since Divine Wrath was gone, the slot that used to be Ethereal Bridge was now... Greater Divine Touch. I death rayed myself.

After I got over my "Doh!" reaction, I thought it was actually kind of epic. It's like I realized I couldn't win, and so, to deny my enemies the honor of taking my life, I defiantly committed suicide right in their faces. At least, I hope that's the story the minstrels will sing about me. Only you guys know the embarrassing truth.
    Hahah that's hilarious. Why exactly does the game allow you to cast Death Ray on yourself, despite the fact that other bolt spells can't be cast on yourself?

Reminds me of our TWL character, Kenny. Got the
    scepter and suicided via diety baiting, just so the
    mobs couldn't do it : )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by flibble View Post
    I death rayed myself.
    I think everyone here has done that at some point or another.

Anyway that was interesting to keep up with someone should do it again.