Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable: Level 1 char finds 2 handed eternium sword in SMC!

Default Unbelievable: Level 1 char finds 2 handed eternium sword in SMC!

Didnt know this could happen!
    I've been cutting a swathe through the critters in my way - my cleric cleared the anthive on SMC 2 without hitting an ant more than once and the queen twice!

Please Let me get somewhere with this character!

It's hardly unbelievable! There is always a small chance for an extremely kickass two-handed weapon to be generated in the SMC. Just keep in mind that it just gives you sweet to-hit and damage, but not HP or defensive abilities.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

yeah, last game I head straight for the smc and found two-handed sword of parrying. that was awesome.

anyway, never charge critters with your weapon. wait until they come to you and then bam! split their skulls with your eternium blade.

Kudos on the find, and get out of the SMC as soon as possible!

After you level up a bit and strengthen your defenses, you might want to practice with a lesser blade to
    build up your weapon marks more quickly. Of course, switch to the eternium one whenever things get tough.

Ben

I'm on my second character, a High Elf Archer, when I did the SMC I found a blessed long bow of accuracy (+8, +2) and a broadsword of the eagle (+3, 1d7+2) which I still have at level 50! For some reason they haven't been destroyed by traps, rust ect... unlike a lot of other good stuff.
    How lucky of me, I just found shop full of items without a shopkeeper..... oh wait.... that was a room full of Master and Greater Mimics

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?

I have many times found an Eternium 2HS in the SMC. Unfortunately, every time it has been with a Wizard...
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

What's unfortunate about that?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    What's unfortunate about that?
    perhaps he means not as fortunate as if he found it on a melee oriented character, seeing as wizards really dont have to use weapons.

It's still a good break for the early game - a PP-less wizard is as glad over a kickass melee weapon as anyone would be. But I'm strange like that; my spellcasters always become competent in melee to save all the spells they don't need.

It's not so much unfortunate as it is a bit wasted. I would say it also leads to physically weak wizards getting overconfident, as I don't recall that any of those characters lasted too long.

One of those wizards was a troll, who made very good use of it. I rolled him planning on playing mostly melee in the early game anyway, so getting the 2HS was a very nice boost for that.
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.