Thread: Dwarf Merchant : Paint Picture.

> No one noticed me in the past!

We did!

The arena pic is beyond great.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Prime, that was so fucking genius.

The "We who are about to die" line really makes it
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    > No one noticed me in the past!

We did!

The arena pic is beyond great.
    Thanks gut! I guess that I was trying to say, I'm back =P
    But on the topic of there not being a lot of women on the Internets, there is a lot, it's just that they're naked and in JPG/FLV format.

The kitty in the arena mostly reminded me of a webcomic I've read... Sluggy Freelance (epic, huge, and worth reading). In one of the stories, there exist such bloodthirsty kittens. The biggest resemblance is, everything else is drawn, but the kittens are cut out of some photo and nicely pasted into the rest. Here's an example link, and along with it a link or two that I know got me hooked.

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/000711
    Kitty.
    http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/030305
    Main guy Torg finishes a painting so that friend can RIP.
    http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/020902
    Invitation to Harry Potter parody story.
    http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/020915
    Harry Potter Quidditch parody (pure win).

I'm yet to make some of these comics, but I'll get to it.I got some other ideas on my mind instead.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

The Quidditch one is EPIC.

Sluggy Freelance is my favorite webcomic!
    Bun Bun (with switchblade, without silly mask) will probably be my next tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post

Back on the topic though... One that made me laugh at 3am and wake some of my family...

"You feel depressed." *sigh*
    I instantly got an image of an emo adventurer drinking from that pool and getting that message.
    I'm so glad someone enjoyed it

Another really good webcomic is xkcd for those who are interested. (Forewarning lots of nerdy jokes)

I lost any craving for nerdy jokes after reading a bit into 8bit Theater. Everyone is a nerd in there, except Fighter. The party once fought some wolf creatures (totally forgot names) and the wolves started a philosophy argument, forgot about fight, and walked away elsewhere. And we readers had to LISTEN to that argument! And tens and hundreds others! And characters are one-dimensional, Fighter will always be dumb, Redmage's plans will ALWAYS fail, people will ALWAYS be oblivious of Blackmage's evil nature. Some parts are truly good though. I dont have the exact link... the party goes to... was it Garland? He fails at being evil. Party encounters him in the castle, and he offers them drinks and snacks, takes their orders, and leaves. "Did you see that!?" "Yeah!" "He's so evil that he can afford to be nice to us before he kills us!!" Garland returns with everything they asked for, and lets them have it. He says "Want anything else?" They go "Pleeeease dont kill us Garland! Please!" He says "Oh dont be silly, I'm not going to kill you" and he leaves. "Did you hear that!?" "Yeah!" "He will torture us until we BEG for death, and he will not answer the plea!!" Anyway, I stopped reading when their cross references became unbearable. The party (8bit sprites) were thrown in mid of a Warcraft3 screenshot. I facepalmed and never sought the comic again.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

ooh ooh Gunnerkrigg Court Gunnerkrigg Court

Oh, and welcome back, Elone!

As much as I am completely incapable of properly dealing with the female part of the species (my life is pain sniff baaawww), I actually managed to get some of my female friends to try out ADOM. It didn't catch on, but on the other hand only one of my male friends actually stuck with the game enough to get far, and some others were a decent bit more ignorant about it.

It also helps that ADOM is a fair bit less nerdy and geek culture reference-y than some other roguelikes, and actually has a story. Or, at least I imagine it helps. Is it inappropriate to assume that male players are more likely to enjoy mindless bashing of living creatures than female ones?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.