Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ADOM server

Default ADOM server

What is the website for the ADOM server? (Please put it in plain english and no abreveations without an exlination)
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

nathrakh Guest

Great! I read that already! Now can I have it in english?

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Which parts of it don't you understand?

nathrakh Guest

1. Download putty. http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html.

2. Change the settings as described in [Miscellaneous] -section of http://ancardia.ath.cx

3. in Putty the host name is obviously "ancardia.ath.cx" and port is 22 (click SSH for Connection type).

That is English. What you meant to say was "I don't understand the computer lingo and would appreciate it if someone were to assist me". There is no shame in not understanding computer lingo. (There is no shame in asking for things instead of demanding them either.) But please, do not act as if jaakkos' English is at fault here; his website has far better English and is far more understandable than, for instance, your first post in this thread.

How about you try a forum search? There are plenty of threads that explain how the server works in closer detail. You might even find a link to Grey's pre-configured version of puTTy which on its own should be enough to help you figure it out.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

The expresion "In plain English" means to reapeat something in a way that I can understand it. He wrote english very well, I just couldn't under stand the "computer lingo" as silfir would have it (another exprestion). But I have yet to try our what natharak said. Does your way work on MAC and W7?

Edit: Oh and sorry for sounding so demanding, just kinda came off the top of my head and forgot to double check it.
    Last edited by The Metro Gnome; 02-10-2010 at 06:46 PM.

I have W7 and it works for me

It should definitely work on Windows 7. I think SSH clients for macs should exist as well, if puTTy isn't cross-platform anyway.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Okay I just, like last week figured this damn thing out so here were some things that took me forever to figure out.

1. You have to download Putty. This is a program that lets you connect to the server and play ADOM. It's NOT on any website it's through the server.

2. You have to change your port number to 22 and for the host name or IPadress on the first page when putty first comes up paste ancardia.ath.cx.

3. Go to the tab that says window, click that. Then it will show columns and rows.
    Change the rows to 25 or you won't be able to see the full screen.

4. Don't mess with stuff like the connections just click the Open button and when you load it for the first time type in what you want for your user name and password.

5. Once you find settings you like I highly recommend that you save them because the program won't save them for you and you'll have to change every thing again before you play again.

6. The first time you run the program type in adom for the name and adom for the password. then type in what you want for your name and password. after that you will need to reset adom the first time and then finally you should be able to play.

7. To view someonelse's game type in spectator for the name and password.

8. Have fun