Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The stairway is very long...

Default The stairway is very long...

I got this message when I went down to D5, Arena. It doesn't seem to be in guidebook. What does it mean?

Probably only that more game time passes while you descend there. Doesn't seem to have any harmful effects.

I think it is in the guidebook. It happens when the game needs a little bit more time to generate the level. No other effects.

Cool.

Also, "I want ye to slay a dwarven chaos knight to prove your valor"

...WHA!? Where am I gonna find one of those? Lv14 elf archer wouldn't survive in Darkforge, don't wanna risk Rehetep's room without wand of fireballs, no reliable invisibility or magic map to cross SMC. Got down all the way to fork in CoC, spent time in Big Room, rechecked VD and PC. No dice. Seems ID dive is inevitable. What lvl should I descend to for dwarven chaos knights?

At least it makes sense this time, as opposed to a rat or goblin for valor provage.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Cool.

Also, "I want ye to slay a dwarven chaos knight to prove your valor"

...WHA!? Where am I gonna find one of those? Lv14 elf archer wouldn't survive in Darkforge, don't wanna risk Rehetep's room without wand of fireballs, no reliable invisibility or magic map to cross SMC. Got down all the way to fork in CoC, spent time in Big Room, rechecked VD and PC. No dice. Seems ID dive is inevitable. What lvl should I descend to for dwarven chaos knights?

At least it makes sense this time, as opposed to a rat or goblin for valor provage.
    Big waste of time going to ID looking for one. You're an archer. You are an ADOM god. Got undead slaying ammo? Go kill Rahetep. Really, even regular ammo (blessed is nice, but not necessary) is good enough. Wand of fireballs is not necessary at all (if you really are concerned, you can get a wand of fireballs by doing the portal quest first, but again, totally not necessary). If you have construct slayers, you can do Darkforge too.

I'm assuming you've found morgia roots by this point? If not, that should be your #1 priority, not the chaos knight.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

For some reason, dwarven chaos knights seem to show up often on the top of the pyramid for me. Another reason to head there.

There really was one in Rehetep's crowd. I remember something like that happening before. Dwarf asked for some ridiculous enemy (I think it was fomorian), I mucked around a whole lot with no success, then found it atop pyramid.
    (as an amusing aside, I was effortlessly flitting around shooting stuff in the face with my imba 7lbs until the harpy I'd pegged down as utterly hapless put me to sleep causing me to be surrounded and get diseased)
    I know twice in who knows how long isn't anything statistically significant, but is it possible that there'll always be the specific critter if you still haven't finished the quest?

In my experience, the asked-for monster also has a ridiculously high probability of appearing in the level immediately beneath Dwarftown if you dive straight to that level after you get the quest.

nathrakh Guest

I've been testing that and it seems to be woo-woo.

I've simply *never* had the monster appear on the level below DT.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!