Taking the off-topic discussion starting here and transporting it to its own thread.

Why do women sometimes choose the inconsiderate cheating asshole, get hurt and used, then bend over and ask for more, all the while hoping he will eventually change for the better?

The thread title says "people" because the opposite (men unable to seperate themselves from a cheating inconsiderate asshole woman) also happens plenty often.

Al-Khwarizmi said it has to do with self-confidence, or the appearance thereof - that women will actively choose males who appear self-confident, even if it is because they just don't care about anything but their own satisfaction. I think self-confidence, namely the lack of it, can also be the answer to why these same people, when treated in horrible, inexcusable ways, still desperately look for excuses and cling to what they can find. "I don't really deserve better", "I won't find anyone else"... Lack of self-confidence, and fear of being alone.

I can't offer any particular insight on the topic. I do know, from personal experience, that sometimes loving someone just doesn't seem to be enough.

To keep this thread from becoming too emo: NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON.