Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Unremarkable Challenge

A WING AND NO PRAYERS completed 1st try ez$$$$$$ (unicorn gnome archer with heir + torches).

Coolest moment: Huge tension room of owlbears spawned in dark room
    MVP: winged arrows of hunting
    Made my cry: most of my claw bug corpses rotting before my satiation decreased
    Died: clearing HMV (was going to starve while fighting shopkeeper in the dark)
    Spent a million turns: w5'ing in HMV to regain hitpoints
    Attached Files Attached Files

RNG hatred...
    Rolled a promising Troll Priest.
    Small cave was a breeze, fully explored for only Level 3. Useless spellbooks though. A cursed adamantium halberd should have been enough of a warning...
    I carefully explored UD1, vault of orcs cleared bringing a few more PVs.

Then it started, on the way back to the stairs: a few cones of ice coming from nowhere... Killed the ogre magus in Berserk mode, but it cost 1/2 of the 83 HPs.
    Then the tough monster generated message appeared... come on, UD1 with a LVL6 trollish priest, what could scare me? Let us run for the stairs, just in case

I met the werewold lord in a corridor, 2 spaces away, no escape route and shrugged off my best wand (magic missiles...). What was this guy doing in UD1?
    Took me out in 1 turn.

tried the challenge, but failed - my orc priest was smashed by a stone block on UD4 or something. Shame, really - he had a ring of speed and book of hellish flames

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    So if I've got this right, Timpak wins for PREMATURE ASCENSION?
    Dudley, I don't know exactly what your screenshot is trying to prove. Actual swear words, mister. F*** is nothing. I think the ladies will survive.

PC vs. Mac debate: Get it to another thread, yes.

Didn't expect that resonance! That's a lot of achievements. I'm not sure I really want to keep track of all of those. I also don't have a lot of time right now; mock exam coming up and actually I need to be clothed and out of the house in about seven minutes.

One rule change: Reaching HMV counts only if you do it the first time, but you can try for the achievements as often as you like. Post screenshots to prove them.
    I also did not use any prayers, now that that challenge has come up also. Just check my .flg to validate it

Could write some about my game. Threat room in SMC with orcs, almost killed me but my faithful wolf Buck saved me and died while doing so. The stairs down to UD was via a door in the threat room. Found wooden shield in smc and medium shield on UD1 or something like that. Herbs on UD2 and UD3 aswell as shop on UD3 iirc. Also had a minor vault on.... UD4 or UD5 with orcs. Otherwise nothing interesting happened.

Heck, I just came up with the ideas because they seemed good at
    the time - you don't have to track any of them if you don't want
    to
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

I was destined to play a hurthling archer, which was quite easy. The only problems were a mixed vault, which I got around, and a river I crossed without swimming. Towards the end of the UD, I found a pool. I got a wish, which I used for more snakes. I also became sick, so decided to eat my herbs in case one of them was a curaria. Instead, the second herb that I ate killed me. Oops!

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE SNAKES completed! Congratulations!

I have officially decided that I will only keep track of my self-devised achievements, so take your "no prayers" up with the appropriate authority
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Died while attempting GODLIKE. RNG was kind to me - 3
    levels with all the herbs you'd need, cup-born gnome wizard
    with 20 learning, Acid Bolt, Disarm Trap and Farsight. Then I
    mistook Hawkslayer for a caveman

Edit: Would this -technically- be a victory since I reached the
    HMV?
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

Sure it does, but let's face it, the victory has sort of fallen behind in importance

Also, the smartasses who propose eternium man to solve the achievements in one fell swoop should realize that for all my achievements, I will reserve the right to just not give them to you if I don't feel like it. For instance, if you're being a smartass.

EDIT: Dwarf Beastfighter. Ghul paralysis. No achievements. Better luck to you all
    Last edited by Silfir; 03-17-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Got an orcish druid -> easy game. Tried to clear HMV and ended lightning-bolting the oracle in hope of killing her in 2-3 turns - of course she used death ray.

Butterfly, the orcish druid, was extinguished by the oracle.
    She scored 15937 points and advanced to level 10.
    She survived for 0 years, 3 days, 9 hours, 32 minutes and 55 seconds (5619
    turns).
    1 companion was killed during her adventures. //SoFS
    Butterfly visited 11 places.
    Her strength score was modified by +1 during her career.
    Her learning score was modified by +1 during her career.
    Her mana score was modified by +2 during her career.
    Her perception score was modified by +6 during her career. //carrot room + simple potion
    She ended her adventuring life in a remote mountain village.
    208 monsters perished under her attacks.
    She possessed the following intrinsic:
    She was lucky. //altar
    She had the following talents: Hardy, Iron Skin, Long Stride, Quick, Tough Skin.
    She had a final speed score of 102 (final base speed: 102).
    She was not very pious.
    She asked for 1 divine intervention.
    She was chaotically aligned.
    She was slightly tainted by Chaos.