Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which bracers do you recommend? + a few ?'s.

earthquake can actually be quite usefull with the gemology skill - from a wand, at least (does the spell work differently?)

I remember casting it 3-4 times in my last game (human merchant) on a level and came out with about 5 crystals of knowledge, not to mention some other useful crystals/valuable gems (which sold for over 200k+ if I remember correctly; important for me as I don't like using slot machines...)

It can also be used to help cross rivers (falling rocks from the ceiling create floor tiles on water squares - cool game design!)

Just a question, what dungeons did you do already, and about feeding the ratling, i was going to say i was discommanding an ultra, but i forgot you were a wizard. Just : DON'T CROWN IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ONE YET. If you're Chaotic, you can give them to him. otherwise, if you don't aim for an ultra, Just forget about him. Actually carrying the boots corrupts you, they'll be better in the tree for a non-ultra.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Just a question, what dungeons did you do already, and about feeding the ratling, i was going to say i was discommanding an ultra, but i forgot you were a wizard. Just : DON'T CROWN IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ONE YET. If you're Chaotic, you can give them to him. otherwise, if you don't aim for an ultra, Just forget about him. Actually carrying the boots corrupts you, they'll be better in the tree for a non-ultra.
    I wouldn't be recommending an ultra to a new player regardless of class. It almost always ends badly.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

wasn't recommending either. Though ANY wizard shouldn't have a problem whatsoever with andy, WEL PREPARED.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief

Just a silly online game

Wizards aren't that great against Andy, unless they have Acid Ball. A well prepared character of any class is enough though.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicinity View Post
    earthquake can actually be quite usefull with the gemology skill - from a wand, at least (does the spell work differently?)

I remember casting it 3-4 times in my last game (human merchant) on a level and came out with about 5 crystals of knowledge, not to mention some other useful crystals/valuable gems (which sold for over 200k+ if I remember correctly; important for me as I don't like using slot machines...)
    Odd, I've never gotten gems before, not with wands or the spell. Just lots and lots of rocks
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Wizards aren't that great against Andy, unless they have Acid Ball. A well prepared character of any class is enough though.
    A wizard without acid ball?

Just a silly online game

It can happen.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

nathrakh Guest

Especially so with speed runners.

then again, we were talking about ChAoS, but ultra speedrun is possible.

Believe it or not I've been playing ADOM for 6-7 years, on and off, though I've never won. Oh, btw, I have Acid Ball. Here is what I've done so far:

Terinyo
    Tywat Pare - I've Killed Hotzenplotz. I went through the SMC and up to HMV, so no Kranach.
    Rynt - Saved the village carpenter, Yrrigs.
    The tiny girl - I returned the corpse to her.

Lawinthehole
    Yergius - Learned pickpockets from him (have never used it, though I've put points in it)

COC
    Arena - I am the champion.

Dwarftown
    Thrundarr - All of his quests were completed, including freeing Griff's spirit.
    The Dwarven Mystic - I received the goodies from him, he left. His ex-home is now my stash spot.
    Glod - Has taught me smithing. I still have no anvil with which to smith with, and my smithing skill is low.
    Bart - Has taught me Backstabbing, Tactics and Two weapon fighting in return for giving him the gladius.
    The Demented Ratling - I have fed him nothing. ***I am assuming I shouldn't crown until I turn chaotic and feed this bastard 6 artifacts, and then revert back to Neutral to be crowned? This advice seems to be mentioned above. Thanks for the heads up if this is the case***

The Old Barbarian's Glade
    The Old Barbarian - I have gotten his quest, but still have 15 or so cuthroats to kill to get courage. Easy.

The Pyramid
    Rehetep - I merked this dude and stole his two artifacts.

The Gremlin Cave
    I got the climbing set (I had 2 already) and the Phial of Caladriel.

The Assassin's Guild
    I fully mapped the 2nd floor, but I still have to go back w/ an item detection rod and find the down staircase. ***I assume getting the filk quest can wait as I am not level 45, do not have Needle, in fact I haven't even talked to Sharad-Waador to get the quest to slay Srraxxarrakex (obviously). Am I right to assume I have some time for this one?***

Darkforge
    I have raided all the loot rooms in Darkforge, but I haven't killed Kherab, in fact I haven't even taken the quest.

Khelavaster
    Yes, he has been saved, by me!

The Tomb of the High Kings
    I have made this place my b**ch and have taken the ROTHK as my own.

***I have killed the undead room a few levels down from Khelavaster and next plan to kill the Banshee, and then destroy the Water Temple. Then I might pillage the Water Dragon's Lair. I also need to finish the Old Barbarian's quest ASAP. I also want to complete the TOEF in the near future and get the ROTMC from the Cat Lord as well. I feel like taking a dive in the ID as well, as I have yet to do so with this character. Oh and I desperately need to find a source of renewable herbage, as I am bone dry regarding that. Sound like a decent set of goals? Please advise/assist, thanks as always my fellow ADOMites. I am going to post a log of my char below. Thanks for all that have and will yet assist me. This is my favorite character in years.***
    Last edited by Berserker; 03-17-2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Ste@m rolling monsters like an 18 wheeler, with a drunk driver driving, there's no surviving!

Way too strong to rely on pr@yers and hope, I walk out the jungle in bear skin coats.