Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Which bracers do you recommend? + a few ?'s.

mb maybe u don't get gems from earthquakes omg i don't remember now

No problem. Even I "spam" a lot but I still try to keep some etiquette so Silfir won't get mad at me. + "other stuff"
    Ha ha, the first rule of the ADOM board etiquette is: It doesn't matter, whatever you do, at some point, thou shalt bear the full wrath of Silfir.

I reckon attaching the .flg as a txt file is the best way to provide a full log, with some CODEd stuff to summarize. Most peoples interwebs can cope with text files without getting the tubes blocked these days, and its certainly better than quintuple posting endless wands

I tihnk the best thing is to trim it down to the essentials. If you want advice from people then don't flood them with useless crap!
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Only problem there being, when I was a n00b, I thought *foo* of darkness, wands and books of stunning, the ventriloquism skill, potions of unknown-monster-disabilising-effect, and indeed potions of uselssness, were all useless crap...

Who hasn't died stupidly in a hundred situations where the PCs last turn could have saved it had the player checked their inventories?

Huh. I didn't read that bit when it was first posted. Apparently, my reputation of unstoppable rages and obsessive-compulsive forum rules enforcing precedes me. Now all I have to do is swap it for a much-deserved reputation of Adonis-like perfection and suave irresistibility. Foolproof! I have to prepare immediately.

(via MightyGodKing)
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Haha, point taken all. Last night I rolled 25 characters, 15 random, letting fate decide, the other 10 specific. I am going to play these to the death before I pick up this mage again.
    Ste@m rolling monsters like an 18 wheeler, with a drunk driver driving, there's no surviving!

Way too strong to rely on pr@yers and hope, I walk out the jungle in bear skin coats.

They will all die horribly too. But dont worry, just trust your instinct and be on toes. If you feel that you're occasionally dropping your guard, that's the time to save the game and continue it another time, when you feel that you'd do better. But yes, your random new characters will all die horribly too.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Thumbs up

We'll see about that. I mean, statistically they should die, as I haven't ever won this game, but one never knows. As for the wizard. He is armed to the teeth, has a great spell selection and plenty of back up books, even for som great spells. He is ready to go when the time comes. He was made for war, it's just what he does, but I want to do this experiment first. By the way, Orc Assassins are really fun, imho. I made and played 2 late last night and was impressed, especially with their poison dagger throwing. Thanks for the advice as well, it's appreciated.
    Ste@m rolling monsters like an 18 wheeler, with a drunk driver driving, there's no surviving!

Way too strong to rely on pr@yers and hope, I walk out the jungle in bear skin coats.

I ate the snake from beyond and now I can exhale a sulfuric cloud. Should I keep this? It seems to be a help rather than a hindrance. How powerful is this attack and is it able to be used endlessly?

It also up'd some of my stats and downed others... hmmmppfff... I guess to late to change that.
    Last edited by Berserker; 03-18-2010 at 09:56 PM.

The sulphuric cloud is exactly the same as the drakeling spit attack. It's very good actually - will always hit a monster, and few resist acid. High PV monsters aren't very susceptible though. It's "ammo" is your satiation level - use it too much and you'll starve. However this can be handy if you're bloated and want to eat a stat-raising corpse.

It's a definitely a keeper anyway - no real negative effects.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!