Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Level advancement question.

Default Level advancement question.

I understand Trolls level a lot slower than other races, does anyone have a percentage on that? Also, do all other races level the same? If not, which races level the quickest? I just rolled a cup with the falling star message, and I want a super fast leveling character that I can save as a template.
    Ste@m rolling monsters like an 18 wheeler, with a drunk driver driving, there's no surviving!

Way too strong to rely on pr@yers and hope, I walk out the jungle in bear skin coats.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    I understand Trolls level a lot slower than other races, does anyone have a percentage on that? Also, do all other races level the same? If not, which races level the quickest? I just rolled a cup with the falling star message, and I want a super fast leveling character that I can save as a template.
    Trolls level at 3x the rate of "normal". Most of the other races are pretty much the same... I think orcs and drakes are little slower, and gnomes and hurthlings are faster. Some classes level slightly faster--farmers do, for example. All of the non-troll bonuses are on the order of 10% increase/decrease. So a gnome farmer would probably be the fastest leveller.

Taking the good learner talent also gives a 40% (not 2%) increase.

Falling star is not experience bonus, IIRC. I think it makes missile weapons level faster.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

So being born in the month of the cup (10% quicker), with the falling star message (10% quicker) and taking, "Good Learner," (40% quicker) I should level at 40% of what it normally takes? I had heard about Good Learner being messed up, but I never bothered with it, or believed it (I was skeptical anyway). Damn, if that is true, Good Learner should be a top choice for everyone. Do you all take it everytime?
    Ste@m rolling monsters like an 18 wheeler, with a drunk driver driving, there's no surviving!

Way too strong to rely on pr@yers and hope, I walk out the jungle in bear skin coats.

I do. In the same conditions as TH : when i have reasonnably chances of surviving without a new talent. Level isn't "much" of an issue, xcept if you want to ultra a troll.
    IIRC, growth rate are (increasingly) troll, dwarf, drakeling, all elves, orcs, hurtling, gnome.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

let say you gain 1 mil xp to advance x levels.... As troll you need 3mil instead.

Cup +buggy talents gives you 50% so 1,5 mil... You still advance twice as slow.... as non troll without cup and so on.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    I do. In the same conditions as TH : when i have reasonnably chances of surviving without a new talent. Level isn't "much" of an issue, xcept if you want to ultra a troll.
    IIRC, growth rate are (increasingly) troll, dwarf, drakeling, all elves, orcs, hurtling, gnome.
    Lot of people are messing race xp percents and seemingly increases due to some races having better physical stats at start [stats are a factor too].

IIRC, very is only four groups:
    gnomes and hobbits
    humans
    all others
    trolls.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Not twice as slow. 3/2 as slow
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief

Just a silly online game

Fairly sure the math's not right anywhere. Multiply, not add.

Cup = .9
    Gnome = .9
    Farmer = .9
    Birth message = .9
    Good Learner = .6 (effectively)

So the fastest is about 40%.

And troll with Cup, birthmessage, etc would be at 130% the normal cost.

Quote Originally Posted by psy_wombats View Post
    Fairly sure the math's not right anywhere. Multiply, not add.

Cup = .9
    Gnome = .9
    Farmer = .9
    Birth message = .9
    Good Learner = .6 (effectively)

So the fastest is about 40%.

And troll with Cup, birthmessage, etc would be at 130% the normal cost.
    That's quick. Gomish Cup farmers with a fallen star/two-headed calves with good learner level up more than twice faster.

Just a silly online game

Ok I kept restarting ADOM until I had a gnomish bard born in the month of the cup, with the falling star message and ANOTHER one with all of that and I took the good learner skill. BOTH took in the low 12 millions to get to level 50.

THEN! I realized the good learner skill adds +40% to the EXP that you EARN, so of course it's not going to reflect it visually in the screen where it shows the EXP it takes to gain a certain level. All the same, I took Heir, and then Alert, I will pick up Good Learner at level 3.
    Last edited by Berserker; 03-19-2010 at 04:13 AM.