Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crash? Adom will not take any input, but still appears fine.

Default Crash? Adom will not take any input, but still appears fine.

GOD DAMN, ADOM did not crash, but it will not take any input from the keyboard. Is there a solution to this, it happens too often. I am on level 35 in the ID and I haven't crash saved since right before I beat Malakai. Please advise ASAP, thank you.

Restarted, back to level 64 of the ID... oh well. I still would like an answer or confirmation that there is no fix. Thanks again everyone!
    Last edited by Berserker; 03-24-2010 at 03:08 AM.
    Ste@m rolling monsters like an 18 wheeler, with a drunk driver driving, there's no surviving!

Way too strong to rely on pr@yers and hope, I walk out the jungle in bear skin coats.

It's probably fatal. Somewhere, the game's in an infinite loop. There are a variety of ways to generate that condition. Did you drop a ton of items on the level or something?

Are you using SAGE? If so, try pressing SPACE.

I have never heard reports of infinite loops. But I do know that SAGE sometimes just is a dick. Pressing space can help.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I have never heard reports of infinite loops. But I do know that SAGE sometimes just is a dick. Pressing space can help.
    I know exactly one way to make adom go into an infinite loop: dip gold into a blessed potion of exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I gave up on using SAGE ages ago, as it was much less stable on my PC than the Winbeta version.

/too lazy to backup PCs usually

There is a thing with scrolls of item destruction as well.
    I seem to remember sorear explaining it to me once, but
    I can't remember the specifics. Maybe it was that they
    can't destroy themselves. I think it was something like:
    Have three (or 4?) kinds, like b/u/c or broken or something
    (maybe even have to equip them?), and read one.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I don't use sage and I never used an scrolls of item destruction. I was just standing there and bam, nothing. One thing of note is that I was occasionally looking at this website than switching back.
    Ste@m rolling monsters like an 18 wheeler, with a drunk driver driving, there's no surviving!

Way too strong to rely on pr@yers and hope, I walk out the jungle in bear skin coats.

Using the win98 key? Or 'start button key'?
    Whatever it's called! Sometimes it'll stick on ye.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I will check that next time it happens, or run a few tests to see if that is what causes it. Thank you my good man.