Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by lotuskip View Post
    Yeah, I realised a little too late that it has UNIX newlines, so it probably looks nasty in your notepads. Oh well.
    Whoops, Elone is right - WordPad kinda slipped from my mind

Quote Originally Posted by lotuskip View Post
    Hex editors? Oh dear. If you use Linux (or any *nix), you can just "strings adom > adom_strings.txt", and there won't be any messiness. That leaves you with some "strings" that are not actual strings, but definitely beats hexediting. The ADOM executable contains almost 13000 strings, almost 400kb in ASCII...

edit: here's the result for all you windozers: http://www.mediafire.com/?yot22yyywqw. I've snipped some of the obvious non-strings from that.
    I quickly browsed some of this reading random lines here and there and this caught my eye:

A program bug at (%d, %d) is attacking a monster!
    A monster is attacked by a program bug at (%d, %d)!

LOLz

Lol when do shopkeepers say this?

A voice in your mind curses... ?"Damn, somehow my shop purse dropped to %ld." "This is unbearable."
    "Please notify 'http://www.adom.de/adom/submit-report.php3' about a loan of %ld gold piece%s I acquired."
    "Tell him that %s is having financial problems while trying to run a business at (%d, %d)."

Edit: Where do you want to go? enter a shimmering portal (???????????)

Edit2: It also says something about the mana battery and Andy's death. Something about absorbing it....
    Last edited by The Metro Gnome; 03-30-2010 at 10:35 PM.
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

1: Glitch with shop selling, shouldn't be generated
    2: Entering the stone circle on Darknight

Quote Originally Posted by The Metro Gnome View Post
    Edit2: It also says something about the mana battery and Andy's death. Something about absorbing it....
    Yeah, this caught my eyes too..

The part I'm browsing at the moment is about corpse-eating messages - some really interesting things:

This meat tastes completely alien... and it seems to induce its juices into your mind to cloud it!

feel invincible... and drawn to darkness.

feel very nimble...
    and rather doomed.
    A voice booms: "Thou shalt be punished for feeding on thy kings' men!" - that's awesome - never knew royal guards can leave corpses (I guess it's them)

Your tissue becomes slightly misty and seems to mend itself much faster. - is that shadow trolls?

Edit: wow, you can haggle not only with shopkeepers. Gotta try that next time I play =)
    Edit2: ahaha, stethoscope on corrupted yourself (I guess so at least) owns - *BlAm!* *bLaM!* *BlAm!*
    Last edited by _Ln_; 03-31-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Hey, that's another thing I gotta add to the list of "So Much Fun!"

1. Scanning the exe via notepad and seeing what TB hid there

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Edit2: ahaha, stethoscope on corrupted yourself (I guess so at least) owns - *BlAm!* *bLaM!* *BlAm!*
    You always seem to get "Thum! Thum! Thum! You seem to be alive." message if using stethoscope on self, even when extremely corrupted. That message you mentioned is generated if you use stethoscope on Andor Drakon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Metro Gnome View Post
    Hey, that's another thing I gotta add to the list of "So Much Fun!"

1. Scanning the exe via notepad and seeing what TB hid there
    Of course. In fact, what took you so long?
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post
    Of course. In fact, what took you so long?
    PROCRASTINATION!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!

i remember hearing about a way to trasfer items between games, but all i could find was a way to dupe them, i found the relevant thread(the ultamate cheat) and it didn't explain this
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I don't like being superstitious. It gives bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    "Today I will show everyone the size of my e-penis by stickying a thread from one year ago that absolutely no one cares about!"
    What happens when a being with godlike power has no concept of limits and unfettered creativity? Anything.
    ?/0