Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mercy quest,

Quote Originally Posted by fazisi View Post
    Plus I don't believe this bullshit about traps created by the player counting as player-inflicted damage. How does the game know you created the trap vs if it created it upon dungeon level generation? I heard this same bullshit regarding cats and the cats eye ring. I killed several cats using traps I created myself and the cat lord was my best friend and turned into a ring for me.
    I know cats don't matter; I habitually kill them by zapping wands of trap creation at them. But I seem to remember test-zapping wands in Dwarftown, only to be hit in the head by Waldenbrook after a created fireball trap killed a dwarven child. (I haven't tested any of this, ignore me). But anyway, no, it wouldn't make sense for player-created trap to be distinguished either. Probably just not enough healing, again.

If you triggered that fireball trap then yes the game blames you for any injury done to any mob by the resulting radius of the fireball, but if you made it and another mob triggered it, iirc, you should be fine.

sometime appens, i set my Tactics mode to coward and start (k)icking some orc or gnoll
    when they flee (c)hat with the monster and wait for peace request, accept and came back to get healing
    A true lier in a world of lying truth

1. ANY dwarven death in Dwarftown will anger Waldenbrook.

2. Throwing anything at a monster counts as attacking it, and thus throwing healing potions is useless for Jharod.

I've killed innocents in dt without angering waldy,
    may have been in darkness though.

Food at beggars, quarrels at rust mobs, and maybe
    some other missile attacks go unpunished.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

What about money as a non merchant ? .
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

"You throw the gold at the orc. The orc is hit by the gold. The orc asks for more. You die....."

Ok, maybe you wouldn't really die from that (go broke yes, but not die)

And yes, even though I haven't tried it, it should still count. Something like "If it doesn't affect their health, it is not a missile" idk imo
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

nathrakh Guest

IIRC game just asks you to use "real missiles" or something..

IF I recall (when i was dragon doubling and thought throwing gold at dragons wa the thing to do) The money disapear ina little hole.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

My "6 healing" number was from testing using a low level priest with Cure Light Wounds to get potions from Jharod. I should really do some comprehensive testing on this but testing is boring.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ