Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Few Questions From Ybrik

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Wow, the game has some sense of justice?!
    I highly doubt. The one time I tested it, I got =cold.

Being crowned chaotic also gives you a couple of corruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ybirk View Post
    Hello everyone so I have a few questions.

1. How can I build my St To Wi and Dx past 25? The herbs kind of quit working and I can only find so many boost potions lying around. So I was hoping you guys have found a better way.
    A few things you can do:

When your stat is just below the marker (24), use a lot of the relevant herb, and you can get multiple increases.
    Using sickness lets you get about 5 points more.
    Using starvation, or starvation + sickness, lets you get up to about 20 points more.
    St is hard to train passed 18, but you can use sickness/starvation + corpses (eg. ogres) to go higher.
    Get the apish corruption. It is awesome and trains St and To like crazy (abuses Wi, Dx, Le).

2. I've finally managed to get my characters crowded. So my question is what is the main difference between being pre- crowded and being a holy champion?
    Precrown gives a random artifact based on the random artifact list.
    Crown gives an artifact based on your class list. Many of these artifacts cannot be received any other way (although they aren't, on average, any better than the randoms). Crowning also gives a random elemental immunity, a blessing, and halves the food consumption due to artifacts. Chaotic also gives about 4 corruptions.

3. How does post crowning work?
    Postcrown is the same as precrown, except it only happens after you've already been crowned. Rules are otherwise identical.

4. If you are a holy champion can you be post- crowned?
    Yes, otherwise you would be precrowned.

5. My last character was a champion of balance, and I was kind of worried what would happen if he became N+ or N-. Does anything bad happen? What if were to become NL of NC does anything bad happen then?
    Nothing happens until you get to LN or CN. Then many bad things will happen.

What does this death mean? Did I die from a death-ray or an energy blast? I was wearing the mummy wrappings and I had 170 something health before I died. I don't understand how I lost. Does being in the dark have anything to do with it?
    Died by death ray damage. They do something like 30-300. Multiple resistances apparently don't help. Try to avoid getting hit by death rays (alertness skill and high speed help).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Being in the dark greatly impedes spell dodging and makes Alertness mostly useless. Nuurag-Vaarn can comfortably do 361 damage in a single painful (unresistable) stream of energy; I wouldn't think of fighting him with less than 600 max.

Just stand out of line with him. That's why his temple
    area is like this:

############
    ############

So you can't stand out of line.
    Just retreat to where you dug in at:
    Code:
    ###
    ..#
    @.############
    ...##..........
    #.##.###########
    #.@...............
    ############
    Then he can't death ray. You can kill him while
    naked and with no source of -deth or light. All
    you need is some humanoid slaying ammo, and
    maybe some poison for good measure.
    Last edited by gut; 04-04-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

You can't shoot without light.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

It can be done, I know, because I've done it

If you know where he is, you can stand out of
    the patch of darkness he casts and shoot from
    there. A little poison in his system, and it's just
    a waiting game. Really though, there is little
    reason to have not found a torch or light ammy
    by then.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Okay so I have another question. With the Mana Temple can you just wake Nuugra (sp) up and then run like hell or do you need a meat shield and then have him follow you out closely?

You'll have issues chasing him out, as the mana temple is one big room and he's all the way in the back and about 150-200 other monsters will quite invariably swarm you before he can possibly ever be lured outside, to my knowledge. As if that was not enough, some of those monsters are chaos summoners who will just summon more monsters for you to deal with, filling the mana temple and trapping you within if you entered. Hmm. Taking his starting camping position into account, can he be taken out (through the wall) from the eastern hallway with a very high range ball spell?
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Okay so I have another question. With the Mana Temple can you just wake Nuugra (sp) up and then run like hell or do you need a meat shield and then have him follow you out closely?
    You can sometimes do it with a wand of far slaying from the entrance, but, in my experience, it takes a really long time and a bit of luck for him to actually make it out. I usually just fight at the entrance until I see that he's only a couple mobs away before pulling back.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.