Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Few Questions From Ybrik

Default A Few Questions From Ybrik

Hello everyone so I have a few questions.

1. How can I build my St To Wi and Dx past 25? The herbs kind of quit working and I can only find so many boost potions lying around. So I was hoping you guys have found a better way.

2. I've finally managed to get my characters crowded. So my question is what is the main difference between being pre- crowded and being a holy champion?

3. How does post crowning work?

4. If you are a holy champion can you be post- crowned?

5. My last character was a champion of balance, and I was kind of worried what would happen if he became N+ or N-. Does anything bad happen? What if were to become NL of NC does anything bad happen then?

Code:
    Purple Fairy  St:21  Le:42  Wi:22  Dx:28  To:22  Ch:21  Ap: 1  Ma:27  Pe:36 N=
    DV/PV:102/33     H:-3(361)     P:0(454)      Exp: 39/11527162   MT    Sp: 108
    Blessed Invisible Coward
     Purple Fairy, the gray elven wizard, was blasted by Nuurag-Vaarn, the
    invisible Chaos Archmage.
    What does this death mean? Did I die from a death-ray or an energy blast? I was wearing the mummy wrappings and I had 170 something health before I died. I don't understand how I lost. Does being in the dark have anything to do with it?

nathrakh Guest

1. Use sickness/starvation and then use the herbs. There are also potions of gain attributes, which give +1 to one stat if uncursed, and +1 to all stats if blessed. There are also normal potions of *stat* which increase stats by 1-2 or so (better if blessed again). Some equipment give a lot of +stats, for an example Bracers of war (+8 dex) and so on.

2. Pre-crowning is just getting a free "gift" from your god for sacrificing stuff to him. It doesn't do anything else. You can crown to another god even after this. Crowning is when you are absolutely close to your god and of extreme alignment (L+, N= or C-). You get one non-existing immunity (eg. you have ancient mummy wrapping equipped, which gives =cold, you won't get =cold from crowning. Exception: If you have all four immunities (wearing ring of immunity artifact for an example, you get a random immunity)). You also get one artifact from a class dependant list. You also get amulet of law/balance/chaos depending on your alignment.

3. Post crowning works same way as pre crowning. You post crown if: not extremely alignment, extremely close to god and character level >=8 + 3 * artifacts generated.

4. Yes, of course.

5. You can be NC or NL without getting any penalties. If you turn CN or LN, you will be a fallen champion. God will punish you somehow, I don't remember how exactly. You'll also lose blessed from crowning and cannot crown anymore.. Someone please tell it more precisely.

6. Both of them can do more than 170 damage afaik. I keep my HP at more than 250 at anytimes when fighting the Archmage. Darkness doesn't matter..

I will try to answer your questions :

1.- Starvation or sickness. Both of those will lower your stats thus making you able to train them again, once the starvation or sickness disapear, the penalty does too.

Example : str 25, dex 25, tough 25, starving : str 12 dex 20 tough 20 -> train back to 25 while starving.
    Eat -> str get +13, dex +5 and tough +5 that they lost due to starving status
    [well from how I think it works]

Also, the perception training, dive in ID or stair hop to fin carrot room, drink carrot juice to pump PE, then use Potion of exchange to throw that 50 PE into something else, like maybe 50 STR.

Finnaly, ring of weakness scummin, wich will lower your STR to like 1 if curse [drop most of you gear before wearing the ring as your luggage will crush you] then, train back that str with strained status and eating ogre/giant corpse.

2.- pre crown occurs if character level is 8 + 3*number of artifact generated. (minimal lvl is 8 then if you have generated an adrtifact already, jumps to 11 and +3 for each other generated) A pre-crown gives you a RANDOM artifact, not one from your crowning list and does not limit you in your alignment. You can precrown L then turn N and pre crown C if you want [for precrown you must not be of extreme alignement (such as L+ n= C-)]

3.- I dont really know, I never bothered, but I think it is the same as pre-crown, but you should stick to your crowning alignement flavor (crowned L+, then post crown L or L-)

4.- Yes, see above

5.- N+ and N- are fine, I think NC and NL are too, but not too sure

6.- mummy wrapping gives RESISTANCE, not IMMUNITY, you still take damage, reduced damage but it is still damage. I think you can enhance that resistance by getting multiple resistance sources equiped.
    And darkness had nothing to do with that if I recall right.

Hope it helped and hope I'm right ^^ :P

1) Use sickness, use starvation (the starvation is risky though)
    2)I think you mean being crowned. I don't really see what you mean by holy champion, maybe if you're an avatar? it's a kind of ending.
    3)It gives you an artifact, randomly, and costs A LOT
    4)If you're an avatar, you've finished the game.
    5)Nothing would happen till you became at least CN or LN. Though i would not recommend playing with the limits, it's losing a good benefit to become a fallen champion.
    6)Sorry for you. I think that death is any kind of energy blast, save death or ice, since you were wearing the AMW. Being in the dark has nothing to do with it. You could save yourself that kind of death by death balling him and using servants as meat shields. THE USEFUL SUMMON MONSTER.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Cool! thanks guys, Okay so if I use starvation to train stats, um.. how long can you go staved before you die? It's so frustrating to be so close to winning and then die at the last couple temples. My last 3 good characters have all fallen at the MT or the Earth Temple. I think I have the Earth temple figured out. I just need to not get surrounded and then lead the stupid rock to another lvl so I can teleport.Is this how everyone else does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ybirk View Post
    Cool! thanks guys, Okay so if I use starvation to train stats, um.. how long can you go staved before you die? It's so frustrating to be so close to winning and then die at the last couple temples. My last 3 good characters have all fallen at the MT or the Earth Temple. I think I have the Earth temple figured out. I just need to not get surrounded and then lead the stupid rock to another lvl so I can teleport.Is this how everyone else does it?
    When you first become starving, make note of your St at that moment. Once this value drops to half of that, you will die within a few turns. Anything above is safe. Note that To can only be trained by sickness, not starvation. You can get it as high as 30, and, if at 29, you eat a lot (say 30) of morgia, then you might push yourself up to 31 or 32.

I think gut has a good mana temple guide around somewhere. Basic idea is don't stand in the archmage's direct line of sight (death rays can only shoot in straight lines), and use missiles. Alternately, use confusion on him (throw potions of confusion, wonder, or raw mana) and fight him in melee.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

For starvation you can let your stats fall until your St is cut in half and then each turn after that you are in risk of dying.

As for the earth temple it depends on what I'm playing, I will usually do it last though. I'll try to sum up my strategies:

Wizard- get my willpower to at least 32 through any means and ball spell the crap out of everything in coward. If I have high enough PV/DV and HP I'll just let myself get surrounded and keep hitting them with acid/lighting ball until I get close enough to the Ancient Stone Beast to wake him up and then ball spell the crap out of him too. If I'm not confident in my PC I'll just back up to the stairs and lure the various elementals and grues down a few at a time taking them out and then taking time to heal and get PP back... tedious but it works.

Melee- Again it depends on how strong the character is but I will usually just lure them down the stairs so I don't have to deal with being surrounded for too long and then just beat the crap outta that purple F. However, I will usually save this temple for the last or until I'm at a reasonably high level

About post-crowning: You don't have to be of non-extreme alignment. You just need 8+3*(number of artifacts) <= your level. Remember, btw, that 1st post-crowning is surprisingly cheap - though I made it only once, since your real problem is the 8 + 3*x rule.

About falling from crowned status: Your deity takes off your blessed status and summons shitloads of mobs (their type according to your alignment). I don't know about food-consumption issues, but I guess you'll also loose this bonus (which allowed you to wear more artifacts without increasing the speed of getting hungry).

And about ring of immunity - IIRC, if you wear it and get crowned, you'll be owned by your deity and won't get any natural immunity. Of course, it's not a problem as you have your ring, but kinda suck.

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    And about ring of immunity - IIRC, if you wear it and get crowned, you'll be owned by your deity and won't get any natural immunity. Of course, it's not a problem as you have your ring, but kinda suck.
    This has been fixed in some version ago. You do get an immunity nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    This has been fixed in some version ago. You do get an immunity nowadays.
    Wow, the game has some sense of justice?!