Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Ray spell - "what u shoot?"

Default Death Ray spell - "what u shoot?"

Hi all.
    The spell Death Ray I have never found a consistent use for. It's too expensive to bother using on the monsters it is sure to work on, and the really tough monsters that I'd like a power spell to use against seem to always have resistances. What circumstances do you all use it in?

I use it to nuke karmics and summoners. Other times I just use it when I want to dump my PP for some Ma training or if I just want to blow some poor bastard to hell.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

5 ancient blue dragons, lined up.

Aha! I'm feeling enlightened!

And when it comes to nuking poor suckers, petrification is satisfying too.

Certain NPCs [cough] eg the assassin prince [/cough] and ancient dragon vaults.

Minotaur Mages...
    and Werewolf Kings and Ogre Emperors...

Quote Originally Posted by sorear View Post
    5 ancient blue dragons, lined up.
    Someone told me a tip before that I've found works insanely well - dig a long tunnel (with wand or spell) and lure dragons in (helps to have a space dug slightly to the side so they're not breathing at you), then teleport to the other end of the tunnel and Death Ray the whole lot of them. Can get 10-15 dragons at once quite easily, and a huge amount of loot. It's insanely satisfying! Of course you need to train Death Ray a little to get the spell range up, but that doesn't take too long.

Anyway, in answer to the original poster, fairly powerful but common critters that aren't at the stage of uniqueness can be vulnerable to this. I find it quite handy against giant boars actually, since otherwise they can be a nuisance for low level characters.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Chaos Wizards, Warriors and Servants are my favourite target of death ray (though I don't think I ever actually cast it as a, but I've burned a few wishes on wands of death)

Ancient Black Dragon's, alternativly Quickling Queens.
    I've won with the following classes ; Monk and Bard.

Myself.

After it displaces the key for Invisibility.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries