Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: first wins?

My first was grey elven bard OCG - lots of fun to play
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

nathrakh Guest

My first win was Guts Choice, the dark elven assassin, born in Candle.

More info here: http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php?t=10071

Mine was a monk. Another early victory of mine was
    a troll named 'gut', because of troll appetite. When
    making my first ADOM post, a few years ago, the
    name instantly sprung to mind : )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Wolf Born Grey Elf Ranger.
    Happened not too long ago.

My first win was with a gnome bard. Don't remember anything about it, except that I took the heir talent which helped quite a bit.

my first win was with a sword-born drakeling ranger, powered by scrolls of familiar summoning. Won while being level 32 or something...

Troll druid for me. Most of my decent early attempts were trolls, but ending up with a druid was just random chance.

Agreeing that priests are one of the easiest classes, though wizards and archers are just as easy,
    depending on playing style.

My first win was a raven gnome monk. Monks are really weak in the early game, but once they
    start rolling they're fantastic, though they're not in the same power league as the three classes
    above.

My second win was a dark elf archer. I like dark elves & orcs best as archers, because find
    weakness makes their already deadly arrows (or rocks, or whatever) even deadlier. Then again,
    any archer is a powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by CConner187 View Post
    i always get to level like 18-20 and just lose interest cuz there is nothin i can do succussfully
    I used to have the same problem, before I managed the first win. Some advice:
    - Ignore Khelavastar! You don't need the extra ?oCR, even though they're nice to have.
    - The next step should be the water temple, because the water orb is a huge help in the tower.
    - When doing the tower, equip elemental gauntlets and the water orb; don't hesitate to use the orb
    when you're low on HP. The elemental gauntlets reduce the amount of corruption.
    - For more tips on doing the tower, you could look at Guts guides. Basically, it all comes down to
    throwing potions of blindness and cursed potions of invisibility at the Wyrm to deny it a fair fight.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

My first was a hurtling monk (I'm pretty sure raven). The great thing about monks (and beasties) is that you don't have to be pissed at the RNG for not giving you a single great weapon for the whole game.

My first win was wolf-born gnomish priest. She even got a ring of the master cat - nowadays I'm too lazy to spare all the cats I meet, so I just kill them thinking of Cat Lord as "free" xp