Thread: Critical Hits

Default Critical Hits

Hi,
    Have a dark elf bard with BoW - and was wondering if Find Weakness and BoW criticals stacked?
    I understand that with Find Weakness at 100, you have a 25% chance of landing a crit. Does anyone know what the % for BoW is?
    Also, if there are any details for the Ring of the Master Cat and the Axe of the Minotaur emperor, it would be appreciated.
    Is it possible to equip gear that makes every hit a crit?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kraya View Post
    Hi,
    Have a dark elf bard with BoW - and was wondering if Find Weakness and BoW criticals stacked?
    I understand that with Find Weakness at 100, you have a 25% chance of landing a crit. Does anyone know what the % for BoW is?
    Also, if there are any details for the Ring of the Master Cat and the Axe of the Minotaur emperor, it would be appreciated.
    Is it possible to equip gear that makes every hit a crit?

Cheers
    I believe that the critical hit feature on both BoW and RoTMC have no effect unless you are wielding either item as a weapon. See the section on critical hits in sorear's data. It's midway down the page (note: code dived info).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Whaa!
    Thats crappy. Why would I want to use the Bracers as a weapon!

Sorears guid also says "OR" - for the various crit factors.
    HTML Code:
    Base chance of 1/20 (Luck Modifiers alter this depending on good/bad luck, Murderous weapons double your odds) 
    OR FindWeakness/500 (FindWeakness/1000 for Missile attacks) 
    OR If Backstabbed, 1/4 
    OR If +Crit Weapon, CritValue/100 (This is a semi-hidden number that is likely different for each weapon. I actually do NOT see a bonus from other +Crit equipment being added in; this should be tested.) 
    OR If Lvl 25+ Fighter, 1/10 
    OR If Lvl 25+ Assassin, 1/5 
    OR If Beastfighter vs Animal, CharLevel+10/120
    Does that mean these dont stack?
    If they do, is the max chance of a crit 5% (base) + 20% (Find Weakness) + x (40% for AoTME, 50% for bloody dagger etc)?

Well, assuming that is more or less lifted from the code, then each of those "OR" is inclusive--so it checks every single one of those things, and if any of them are passed, then you get a critical. That's my interpretation of it at least. You'd have to ask sorear to be sure though.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by kraya View Post
    Whaa!
    Thats crappy. Why would I want to use the Bracers as a weapon!
    "Wielding" any artifact, actually works rather well. Especially against jellies. Can't be rusted, or damaged in any way.

Keep in mind that, unless your a Monk/Beasty, base 'punch damage' is usually 1d4 plus strength bonus. So, actually wielding nearly any artifact improves that damage.

A perfect example of a 'worn' artifact that works better as a weapon, is the Black Torc. Its designed to be a necklace, but, if you use a greater identify on it, its both an undead slayer, as well as a returning item. Boomerang necklace? Yo-yo? Dunno, but, that bugger owns virtually all in the CoC Graveyard, if you wield it and just spam throwing it.

I've yet to ever have it not return for me. So, it works quite well.

they [at least some] stack it is possible to push somewhere to 70% crits without much problem.

i have not bothered checking individual items.

I actually believe torc is designed to be missile although i prefer to wear it.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)