Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: comment on the mindcrafter guide: getting moar out of mindcraft

I've been thinking about trying mindcrafters a bit, but I'm wondering about the bug with corrupting monsters. How/when does it actually happen. I've read the bug report (the new one in iADOM threads) and it's a bit vague. Does the game crash every time a corrupting monster is hit? does it only crash when something else that is non-corrupting is killed at the same time, does it require some specific power or some specific placement of the monsters?

Mainly how cripling this bug is really when playing a MC?

Ps. This has propably been discussed several times, but with a quick look around I couldn't find the specifics so please excuse me for feeling too lazy to really dig the forums.

Even though I've been hit by this bug, I'm not sure what happened exactly. However, judging by the report, the game crashes when you kill a non-corrupting monster and a corrupting monster simultaneously. In any case, I've been too paranoid to ever cast mind blasts again on corrupting monsters ever since.

The good news is that confusion blasts on them will never crash the game (AFAIK). Besides, some monsters with a corrupting melee attack unexpectedly appear not to count as "corrupting". For example, dwarven chaos knights can safely be attacked with mindcraft!
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Even though I've been hit by this bug, I'm not sure what happened exactly. However, judging by the report, the game crashes when you kill a non-corrupting monster and a corrupting monster simultaneously. In any case, I've been too paranoid to ever cast mind blasts again on corrupting monsters ever since.

The good news is that confusion blasts on them will never crash the game (AFAIK). Besides, some monsters with a corrupting melee attack unexpectedly appear not to count as "corrupting". For example, dwarven chaos knights can safely be attacked with mindcraft!
    I didn't even know DCKs have a corrupting attack. I wonder if any of them have actually hit me recently (they seem to have a relatively low "to-hit" modifier and I usually have a overpowered DV by the time I meet them.

Dwarven chaos knights should not be confused with chaos knights. I don't remember getting hit for corruption by one either.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Oops.. they don't. Uhm, ignore that please.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.