Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Duel to the Death: Duels 1-7

You don't even need to reveal that right now... If you die you can save all the details till the other guy has played his turn.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

did not manage to descend..
    5235 pts
    10031 xp
    6895 turns
    All roads lead to Chaos in the end..

Since Jack the Ripper has scored only 9336 xp and died on ID:12, the winner of the last duel of the first Round is Frankie! Congratulations!
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Would be nice to see a real report, Frankie :P
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Yeah, we want some gruesome details. This is a game of enjoyment for the readers as well as the participants.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

um nothing special here, i was killed in two hits by that fomorian giant, simply had no chance against him) kinda frustrating since i managed to make my way past dozens of claw bugs (using the layout of the level to split them in small groups and killing the majority of them one by one=) and almost reached the stairs.. inventory was of little help, though i gained stun resistance through the ring and rapid healing through the necklace. before the epic battle with bugs i downed all my non-water potions (all two of them=) in hope of invisibility but ended up confusing myself for ~200 turns to let the fuckers breed even more=)
    so after i lured all the bugs from the room samurai-style i proceeded east to unexplored area and already had the stairs on visual when that damned giant came along accompanied by heavy-summoning wererat. i couldn't go back since the new generation of bugs would finish me off easily as well, so i guess at that point i just accepted my cruel fate%)

oh and i'm so really glad i made it to the next round! i'll have to face gut, one of the local pros or whatever) nice challenge for me, hope i won't have to play some low-tier combo again..)

oh, a weaponsmith.. ok then, guess i can deal with it

Here's what I'd originally written, but then I died so didn't want to give you the details...

I count something more like 12. Managed to kill all of them, advanced to level 9, trained Dodge, Archery and Stealth. Chose Greased Lightning as our talent. Speed is now 111, which should help. Stairs should be in lower right room. Hopefully it isn't connected with the one you locked the rats and giant in.

F**K! It is. And all those rats are coming from a wererat. Well, here goes nothing. Managed to kill some rats and gnolls but fomorian giant hit me while I was firing arrows at him in an attempt to kill him with missiles. And I'd worn him down to severely damaged

I must say, true berserking was the only thing that could make this freaking farmer do some decent damage, apart from shooting missiles. In the end, 9336 XP, 6495 turns, same level you left me on. I put my death down to a mistake, since I was backing away from the giant, faster than it but somehow it hit me. Might've mistyped, otherwise I truly believe I could have killed him and then all the rats.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 04-25-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Seems like it was fairly close overall. I can only imagine Frankie got more xp because of how he dealt with the bugs (luring them away in groups, thus causing more to spawn).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Seems like it was fairly close overall. I can only imagine Frankie got more xp because of how he dealt with the bugs (luring them away in groups, thus causing more to spawn).
    Exactly. I immediately want to the room and killed all the bugs there, whereas in his case there were ~200 turns in which the bugs kept spawning and he then killed loads of them. I killed less bugs but didn't get to stairs. Ah well, I've learned some lessons from this...