Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little girls lost dog

Default Little girls lost dog

I'm relatively new to adom and this is the first quest I've finished. However, I'm not sure I did it right. I found a cute dog corpse, brought it back and showed it to the girl. Didnt seem like much happened. Am I doing it wrong?

You did it right but not within a 10 day limit when the dog is still alive. You can first talk to the girl and tell her about the dogs death, then give her the corpse and lastly spend time with her mourning. What happens if the dog is alive i dont know, ive never saved the dog.

If you make it in time, or you are capable of preventing the dog from dying, then the dog will be alive, and follow you back to the litlle girl. You are doing it right.
    I've won with the following classes ; Monk and Bard.

It's necessary to get to PC:6 before day 5 - otherwise cute dog is generated as a corpse (minor spoilers - highlight to see). Usually doggie is killed when you find it - since there are other monsters. Taking it out alive is also problematic if you're not lucky or powerful. I'd say you shouldn't worry much about this quest - completing it is just a matter of getting an achievement in the final words about your character (or alignment issues if you have a plan)

10 day limit, Timpak? Where did you get that from?

You wish it were 10 days! That would give every character plenty of time to level into double digits, upon which the Puppy Cave is usually little trouble.

No, it's a (spoiler extravaganza) four day time limit. The puppy is dead once the time counter in the @ screen shows "4 days". If you reach the bottom level before then, it lives and stays alive unless it's killed by monsters, traps or yourself.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    10 day limit, Timpak? Where did you get that from?

You wish it were 10 days! That would give every character plenty of time to level into double digits, upon which the Puppy Cave is usually little trouble.

No, it's a (spoiler extravaganza) four day time limit. The puppy is dead once the time counter in the @ screen shows "4 days". If you reach the bottom level before then, it lives and stays alive unless it's killed by monsters, traps or yourself.
    Obviously I was wrong, never really cared for getting it out of there alive

Quest is mainly about opening up an area which can be beneficial to charcater development. Ants - for rocks, ore, gems and exp, and a vault for exp and items. Lawful boost might tip you from CN to neutral, but to get L+, say, you'd prolly need to find some surer way. Like killing a raider lord and proudly displaying the reward.
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

..and if you rescue a puppy you will get candy from the girl. thats kinda cute, i jost love gettin sweets from the girls!

But from tiny girls? You monster.
    Last edited by psy_wombats; 05-06-2010 at 03:51 AM.

Sweets which can be used for further L boost.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game