Thread: How to bypass miss Banshee

Default How to bypass miss Banshee

Would like to know if anyone knows a quick way to do this without bee wax (it seems that there can be no behive generated on the previous level, i'll check on all levels though) or a wedding ring.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Would like to know if anyone knows a quick way to do this without bee wax (it seems that there can be no behive generated on the previous level, i'll check on all levels though) or a wedding ring.
    Potion of deafness should work.

However, there is a guaranteed beehive /somewhere in the dungeon/ before the Banshee level. Can be anywhere from D:1 to D:20, i think, so it might take some searching. The beehive can also pop up in the Animated Forest.

You hear buzzing sounds!
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

Wail only has a range of 3 squares. If you keep your distance and are fast, you can kill her with missiles (I guess boomerangs in your case?), spells, or just lure her away from the stairs and teleport past. If the level setup is pretty good, you might even be able to just lock her away somewhere.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Wail only has a range of 3 squares. If you keep your distance and are fast, you can kill her with missiles (I guess boomerangs in your case?), spells, or just lure her away from the stairs and teleport past. If the level setup is pretty good, you might even be able to just lock her away somewhere.
    I vote for Black Torc or RCT for Raven guys

And found some beeswax i my pocket. Guess nex t time i'll check x2.
    Btw, anyone tried to sell an orb once?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Btw, anyone tried to sell an orb once?
    You can bet I did.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

> Wail only has a range of 3 squares

The following is a from da GB, a nice contribution by some super great player, I'm sure...

"
    It has been observed from experiments in the animated forest (see below for more on this) that the death zone surrounding the banshee is four dungeon squares (three diagonally). If a PC keeps his distance, it is possible to kill the Banshee from afar. In fact, it is not necessary to kill the Banshee at all. If the PC zaps a wand of digging to create a diagonal corridor to her room, then lures her out while keeping his distance, it will eventually be possible to teleport to the down staircase in the center of the level. Just don't forget she's still on the level on the way back. ;-)
    "

Left out is the part stating that she can move and also scream in the same
    turn. To be fair though, I didn't know that at the time

> anyone tried to sell an orb

message responce is ~get that thing out of my shop!
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."