Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't stop laughing

Default Can't stop laughing

This is ridiculous. I'm starting a new character, decide for a new Beastie since it's been some time i did one of them. I suddenly add the restriction not to go anywhere save wilderness and CoC and ToEF. First level of CoC. A pool. First drink, a wish. Just.... whao, the rng is going to kill me ...

And did. Goodbye, A, killed by a carrion crawler.
    Last edited by Dudley; 05-18-2010 at 07:35 PM.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Didn't wish for rdsm? A carrion crawler can't touch you through that PV.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

He wished for 'more carrion crawlers'. Duh.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Again, another laughable fact. I go to my business as an archer which as healing, ad, stoppign at dwarftown, decide to check my stuff. Since my god's in a good standard with me, i get lots of holy water. And dip identify scrolls in it. And find that i have a scroll of education. Bless, read :> Herbalism. (i know, i could have gotten bettter, but i prefer sacrificing herbs to monsters...)
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief

Just a silly online game

You're playing an archer? Weren't you stating earlier don't like to use ranged attacks?

> (i know, i could have gotten bettter, but i prefer sacrificing herbs to monsters...)

Actually, I'd say this is the best skill you could get. The only other really good skills that I could think of are Find Weakness or Food Preservation (depending on your race), but nothing beats raising your toughness to 25 and gaining lots of piety with ease.

I think Find Weakness isn't even *that* good for an archer. I remember reading it has a lot less influence on ranged attacks than on melee.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

My code of honour states that ranged (missile) attacks (missile) are only valid for archer.
    When i'll have alot more of experience in adom, i'll try the suggestion of someone that was "using shields only, as missile weapons".

Oh, and my code is not applying to all ranged attacks. Throwing large rations at a karmic lizard is perfectly acceptable. What is not is a barbarian using a crossbow or a bow. A sling... he can just throw the rocks. The same applies to beastfighters, fighters, farmers, weaponsmiths (they're not supposed to be intelligent). Paladin consider it unloyal, as well as asassin, thieves, healers (which don't like to hurt anyway), monks and rangers. Merchants would rather sell them. Bards, Wizard, necromancers, Mindcrafters, Druids, elementalists and priests have other means.

Just a silly online game

If you don't use thrown knives as an assassin, you're doing it wrong.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

It seems strange to me that you consider it dishonorable for a class that always trains in Archery to use it, doubly so in the case of Barbarians since NPC barbarians are on of the main sources of bows and missiles in the game.

I can see where it would go against themes to use certain types of ranged attacks with certain classes, but you list several classes that are iconic ranged attackers.
    Last edited by DreadArchon; 05-24-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Personnally, i think that, for example, assassins, think that it is ten times more stylish to kill in the back that from away. And ect, that therefore many people have a cod of honour that oes like that, here there's all this idea about the oponent being next to you when he dies so you can see the look on his face, or give him the last prayer ect. Of course, chaosy people wouldn't care, but the only chaotic guy (gal in fact) i ever played was so damn powerful misile weapons wouldn't have done a difference

Just a silly online game

Except in ADOM doing stuff like that isn't honourable, just stupid :P
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.