Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Semicolons

Quote Originally Posted by ihopeiwin View Post
    Oh shit don't even get me started on cheese. But you already have I see ... I, for one, am a fan of aged gouda. The only problem is that it fucks up my pallette if I eat too much. Why I don't know but there it is. Most young cheeses are too delicate, but having smooth delicate flavors is sometimes better than the bold flavors that many aged cheeses that stink up your living room. Although I still like the ones that stink the most the most. And one thing that bugs me is that no one seems to know that there is such a thing as sheep's milk cheeses, and those are really good cheeses.
    As for the list of cities, I've never seen semicolons used that way although I suppose one could do that to avoid confusion. But I would much rather, if I were to write such a thing, write merely the names of the cities, and if there were cities whom shared the same name I would then extrapolate on that in a later sentence, or perhaps divide the clauses with a lovely semicolon.
    Smoky gouda!

and @yisk yes it is extremely incovenient to put a point with a pencil; god knows all of my periods look like commas and then I have to make them semicolons due to my inherent bias towards erasers of all sorts which no doubt stems from my American background.

wellatleastyouarebetteroffthanmeIhaven'tbeenableto usepuctuationatallduetomyAmericanness
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Gut, you're American?
    As in live in the U.S.A?
    I hate people who live in the U.S.A. Like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I don't think "sounding like a douche" is amongst any of the definitions of proper linguistic form...
    It's right next to censoring yourself to sound more "tolerant"
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I don't like being superstitious. It gives bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    "Today I will show everyone the size of my e-penis by stickying a thread from one year ago that absolutely no one cares about!"
    What happens when a being with godlike power has no concept of limits and unfettered creativity? Anything.
    ?/0

Did you just tell Grey to go 'censor' himself. I'll second that.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."