Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADOM in a Movie

Post ADOM in a Movie

Hi all (and Thomas)

I have been an ADOM player for more than 10 years. I am currently producing an action comedy feature film in Sydney Australia called "Brute Force Justice".

The main character is similar to Rambo with one main difference - he plays D&D.

The film features some scenes with him interacting with another character who is playing ADOM in the background. The characters then briefly comment on what sort of ending they have achieved in the game.

I would like to get Thomas' blessing/go ahead to use screen shots from the game in the film. There has also been a suggestion that one character have a T-shirt on which has the word ADOM on it.

It would mean the world to us if you would allow us to do this. We would attempt to meet any stipulation you may have.

We can send you a copy of the script for your approval as well.

Many Thanks

Gareth Q Barrett

>The main character is similar to Rambo with one main difference - he plays D&D

I feel as though I am perfect for this part.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

This is the closest we will likely ever get to a ADOM movie adaptation! (Added the word "likely" because I would love to live in a world in which an ADOM movie starring a CGI @ were made.)

I definitely advise writing an email to Thomas, if you haven't already, if you want a timely response.

(btw what ending DID the big hulking rambo guy achieve? I imagine regular ending with either troll barbarian, or high elven wizard - with the other guy giving him a confused look and him saying "What? Wizards pwn in this game" or something. Good thing I don't write for movies.)
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

i would like to see a movie done completely in ascii

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    i would like to see a movie done completely in ascii
    towel.blinkenlights.nl (port 23)

there is also an ascii version of starwars somewhere out there, do a search 'cause im too lazy
    This is where words go

Quote Originally Posted by zzo38 View Post
    telnet://towel.blinkenlights.nl (port 23)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMuffin View Post
    there is also an ascii version of starwars somewhere out there, do a search 'cause im too lazy
    Where starwars, where?

So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I think a character should be playing ADOM in the background while other events are happening, and should randomly call out stuff like, "Aw, crap! Uber-jackals again!" or "He shrugs it? Well, shrug THIS!"
    Your armor weakens, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJMovie View Post
    Hi all (and Thomas)

I have been an ADOM player for more than 10 years. I am currently producing an action comedy feature film in Sydney Australia called "Brute Force Justice".

The main character is similar to Rambo with one main difference - he plays D&D.

The film features some scenes with him interacting with another character who is playing ADOM in the background. The characters then briefly comment on what sort of ending they have achieved in the game.

I would like to get Thomas' blessing/go ahead to use screen shots from the game in the film. There has also been a suggestion that one character have a T-shirt on which has the word ADOM on it.

It would mean the world to us if you would allow us to do this. We would attempt to meet any stipulation you may have.

We can send you a copy of the script for your approval as well.

Many Thanks

Gareth Q Barrett
    Hi BFJMovie,

welcome to the forums. And I personally really really love the idea of seeing Adom in a movie. Make sure to post the name of the movie here when it's done.

I think you should email Thomas directly with this. Otherwise its unlikely that he'll ever find this thread anytime soon.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/