Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: W?reldbeker, World Cup, Weltmeistershaft; its coming, yet we debate colons?

Didn't watch that game due to being pissed at football. But yeah, that would probably have been terrible to watch.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Sad thing was they got near the net enough times, but just could never seal the deal. Shameful performance.

However, being Irish, I don't mind too much I'm more upset about Germany's loss quite frankly - they performed so well with just 10 men! What a crazy bloody ref... Mind you, missing that penalty was just stupid. I thought the Germans were supposed to be good on the goal spot?
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I detect a hint of actual offendedness in that post
    Oh, not at all, I apologize as well if I sounded offended or I offended anyone :P

I just can't stand him. Nothing to do with being spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I'm more upset about Germany's loss quite frankly - they performed so well with just 10 men! What a crazy bloody ref... Mind you, missing that penalty was just stupid. I thought the Germans were supposed to be good on the goal spot?
    Yeah, all bullshitting aside, the Germans played brilliantly once they went a man down... Will be interesting to see what happens in today's Ghana match - hoping for Germany and Serbia to progress, so I guess I want a Soceroo victory to nicely balance the group

Anyway, sorry if I failed to offend someone in this thread, off to Paris, catch you all later.

That would work. A draw would work too, if Serbia and Germany win their last matches. Though it's not all over for the Germany - Serbia combination if Ghana wins, Serbia just has to beat Australia by enough goals to overtake Ghana once they lose to Germany (who should be fine in any case thanks to the 4-0 against Australia, if they win the last match), leaving them on spot 3 with 6 points. Somehow I doubt the Australians will prove to be quite the punching balls they were against Germany though; they should have some fight left in them.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

The England team visited an orphanage in Cape Town today. "It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope" said Jamal aged 6. (shamelessly stolen from another forum of course).

Hmm, South American teams are topping every group they're in. The top European teams have all been fairly unconvincing - only the Dutch have a good record, and they've had to struggle somewhat. All the dismal goings on in the French camp have made me happier and happier - it really couldn't go any worse for them.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Well the french are done with the most horrible campaign ever... The irish probably feel like they've won the WC by now.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

"Hah! By the pot of gold of the leprechaun St. Patrick, it was worth not playing to see the frog-eaters going up in flames and humiliating themselves in the eyes of the world! Now hand me another Guinness, I shall endeavour to get drunk and watch the English lose"

(I have no idea what Irish people are like)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    . Mind you, missing that penalty was just stupid. I thought the Germans were supposed to be good on the goal spot?
    Neah. They're just better than the English, which isn't really saying too much, given how England have exited most major tournaments they've recently been a part of .

I for one think England is overrated, mainly by their own press. What makes that championship so good isn't the English players themselves, but the mixture between a quick game and the good technique and tactical awareness that pretty much arrived as the same time as the wave of foreign football players and coaches (Wenger, Houlier, Mouriinho and Benitez spring to mind, in that particular order)