Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does slaying stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    If you've got Sun's Messenger all your arrows are undead slaying, so to speak. Though the damage bonus from having blessed arrows still applies, so firing blessed arrows (regardless of type) will yield better results.

Also, what do you mean Sun's Messenger doesn't slay emperor liches? Are emperor liches not undead? That would be the first time I hear that...
    slays them all right. but other undeads are often one-shotted

Well, it's a friggin' emperor lich, what do you expect?

@moomoo: You can only get a critical or not a critical. If you use a slaying weapon on the type it slays, you get a critical, full stop. Increased crit chances from the kitty ring, bracers of war or Find Weakness can't increase the likelihood of a critical if it's already guaranteed! Using a blessed weapon, or ammunition, increases damage against undead and demons by 50%, which has nothing do with criticals, that's why it works.

Apart from that, the ring of the master cat provides a source of Fate Smiles, which slightly nudges rolls in your favor, and thus should result in slightly increased damage output. But if you're using a slaying weapon against a type it slays, the best rings to use if you want to increase damage even more are... rings of slaying. Not because they are named that way, but because they add damage to what critical hits will double (in case of melee) or at least double, up to quintuple (in case of missiles).
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Needless against undead. Though the bonus you would get to Dex from kitty ring would probably influence the damage.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

That's true! Same goes for bracers of war.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    Ok, so what about: sun's messenger, find weakness at 100, kitty ring and bracers of war for good measure
    My understanding is that technically the kitty ring and BoW don't actually increase your weapon's critical hit rate... they increase the critical hit rate of the kitty ring and BoW. So if you decide to bash monsters with them in melee, you'll get more critical hits, but it doesn't affect any other weapons.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

JellySlayer, I know from personal experience that BoW AT LEAST increase CH rate of unarmed beastfighters. I also do not think that The Creator would trick us like that with the descriptions of items.

Either that, or I have been trolled... 7/10
    Closers- GE Wizard, DE Beastfighter, DE Barb
    Ultras- DE Barb ULE
    OCG- Maybe someday
    ADOM projects- Overheat style LP -maybe.

That's what sorear's code-dived results seem to suggest:
    CODE DIVED spoiler (highlight to view): Critical hit boosts are only applied from weapons, so the following will NOT improve your crit rate when equipped normally (but should if you use them as weapons)

Bracers of War: 8%
    Ring of the Master Cat: 16%
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

What if you wield an one-handed weapon on your right hand and the RotMC on your left (i.e. on the 2nd weapon/shield slot)? Will it increase the weapon's critical hit chance?