Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: newb speaking

First, ADOM does have something like Medusa called the Banchee. Except instead of being blind or reflecting, you need to be deaf. Bee's wax that us 'U'sed will make you deaf. Sadly, there is not a statue to get great loot from for your AK...

The Banchee level is the one with corpses on the ground when you enter.

The Ancient Mummy Wrapping-AMW- is useful for the intrinsics that it provides. I can only remember the important ones.

See Invisible-one of two guaranteed sources of SI in the game- and the other has some, uh, drawbacks. There are three important things that are invisible. One of the possible arena champions, the king of teh kitties, and the Chaos Archmage.

Cold Immunity- cold immunity is unimportant except that the formerly mentioned arena champion uses cold attacks, and when getting crowned, you get a random immunity. But if you wear the AMW when getting crowned, you will not get this worthless cold immunity from your god.

Death Ray Resistance- only powerful creatures use this, and one is the Chaos Archmage. DRR allows you to takes hundreds of damage from death rays instead of dying. Another source of DRR is the sword that is in the Griffyard.

Yes, if you have not been told- do not kill kitties mercilessly. Cats are your friend, and if you get through to D:35 or D:36 without killing cats- you get an awesome artifact instead of one of the toughest bosses in the game.

You should find a vapor rat eventually, but REALLY far into the game, there are some guaranteed ones.
    Closers- GE Wizard, DE Beastfighter, DE Barb
    Ultras- DE Barb ULE
    OCG- Maybe someday
    ADOM projects- Overheat style LP -maybe.

Hi guys I dived into the tomb, and had my climbing set blown up, apparently I can't get out now? joy :/ I also found the red pool of water, but I gather I'm not meant to swim in it? :P

1) why not? I die, or just something really bad

2) how do I cross it

http://pastebin.com/98sjNpjv if that helps is my stuff (although the 4s wand is acid, I just tested it from advice on #adom)

Quote Originally Posted by casmith789 View Post
    Hi guys I dived into the tomb, and had my climbing set blown up, apparently I can't get out now?
    Very bad situation. Uh... fight around until you find one. If you can get your climbing skill to 100 (and level to 18...), there's a very deep rift to the SE of you that has one.

joy :/ I also found the red pool of water, but I gather I'm not meant to swim in it? :P

You might not die, but I wouldn't recommend trying. Although, honestly, you might end up having to restart anyway due to climbing set loss, so you could give it a try if you want to see what happens.

2) how do I cross it
    If you've done the carpenter quest, you theoretically have the means to cross it. In practice, you probably won't have all the resources you need on you.

Alternatively, if you've done the druid quest and taken 'P'ower, you'll have an item/spell that will help.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

If you would like to actually win and get far in the game, I recommend a wizard. Wizards are boring. In my opinion, archers are also somewhat boring and still easy. I'm surprised how far you got considering you have barely been playing ADOM at all. I think I died to an orc in the small cave with a dwarvish beastfighter as my first character ever. Then again, I was about seven when I first played ADOM and was completely unspoiled so I didn't do well.

To get ring, you need a way to freeze the water.

To get climbing set, you need 50k gold, and 100 climbing, level 18, and 20 willpower or perception less than 6. Fall into the hole and go to the bottom and buy a set. Falling into the rift has some negative effects on your stuff, like mashing it into oblivion.

Always drop your set in the first room of the tomb.
    Closers- GE Wizard, DE Beastfighter, DE Barb
    Ultras- DE Barb ULE
    OCG- Maybe someday
    ADOM projects- Overheat style LP -maybe.

Hi guys I dived into the tomb, and had my climbing set blown up, apparently I can't get out now? joy :/ I also found the red pool of water, but I gather I'm not meant to swim in it? :P

2) how do I cross it

http://pastebin.com/98sjNpjv if that helps is my stuff (although the 4s wand is acid, I just tested it from advice on #adom)
    The pool is filled with chaos piranhas that will eat you up in no time (houndreds of damage per turn). You need to freeze the water (wand of cold) and the cross the ice bridge with less than 2000s inventory weight.

I am now level 17, and have 20000 gold, but this farming is getting boring

On the plus side, I killed a vapor rat! :O

Extremely strong chaos spawns are now swarming tomb:3 I think, I used up 4 !oEH just to get away (I killed them easily before, but #adom told me they got stronger as you kill more of them? I've killed 188)

I found how to termcast my games, so I'll probably be doing that while starting a wizard-type char next