Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wish for orcish beastfighter

I would stay girdles of giant strength. Just remember not to wear it in any of the destructive areas like Air Temple or BDC.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Maybe it will be a wand of destruction on D:50. Do I have any other chance aganist those ghost lords? (I have ring of invisibility, but I lost more than enough orcish PC due to some raging ghosts.)
    I think SLBs not really worth a wish as my moving costs only 700 energy. GoGS are pretty good as well. Thanks for the advices!

And an other question: will Wand of Webbing + Wand of Paralysation + Wand of Fireballs + humanoid slaying quarrels from a (+9; +3) crossbow be enough aganist Cat Lord?
    "The avatar I was... now the fool I am. Heed the warning."

You are all right about 7LB's. I don't usually play beastfighters so I always forget about their inherent energy boni.

Quote Originally Posted by zsomkovacs View Post
    And an other question: will Wand of Webbing + Wand of Paralysation + Wand of Fireballs + humanoid slaying quarrels from a (+9; +3) crossbow be enough aganist Cat Lord?
    Wand of paralyzing is pretty much enough for most of the big bad guys. This definately includes cat lord. You might wanna zap a long corridor with webs then paralyze and whack him silly.

Use invisibility and just swap places with ghosts.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

webs + fireballs don't work so well together
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Can't go wrong with girdle of giant strength. If you bless it then the chances of destruction are lower (though you should still keep it off for Air Temple and BDC, or any minor dragon vaults you encounter).

I would advise against storing the ring, cause that's just fucking pointless (RoDS cannot be destroyed when in your pack). Saving it for later is pretty pathetic too - there's a lot of later, and you should have fun with it now.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

make sure to warp into the greater undead vault and get surrounded by master/emperor liches before you use the ring to get a free kill (try backing into a corner first)

What's pathetic about saving a RoDS? Maybe I'm too much a victim of this but before I spend a wish on something completely silly and pointless I'll always keep it in my pack. Sure I might finish the game with an unused wish, but I might also end up having a wish ready just at the point I really need one!

Getting surrounded by eight emperor liches to kill one is very much not a good strategy. I did kill a random werewolf king in a hallway once using a RoDS though. That was cool.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Damn, every time I see a link to that wiki I waste 2-3 hours of my life. Every time.