Thread: I thought you were on my side you backstabbing bastard...

Default I thought you were on my side you backstabbing bastard...

I had started an gray elf bard and they have fairydragon as a pet. I went to save the puppy but in the first level i ran into orc tension room. I killed few of them, took some hits an made my dragon kill the rest.

Now here comes the funny part. Fairydragons from time to time teleport their opponent for some very strange reason and when it was fighting one large orc he decided that it would be fun if he teleported the orc right next to me. So the orc proceeded to critically hit me and since i had very little hp left it was instadeath...

I hadn't played bards before and prolly newer will after this.

Leave the silly pink D in the village and hire a less dangerous (for you) and more efficient pet.
    Get a killer bug on board!
    Try to get the heirloom, it's worth a few talents.

Grey elves bards are rather difficult to keep alive at low levels, you can go for a gnome or human for more chances.

Try dwarf if you want to keep your starting pet for a while. Cave bears can take some punishment and dish it out.

Otherwise, most people abandon their initial pets very early, replacing them with more deadly creatures. With the Heir boots and a decent Music skill, you should be able to tame a greater claw bug from BUGWL fairly easily. These will destroy early game for you.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Bards are in general best played without pets after early-midgame for uber pimped char with potential superskills. From my testing, @lvl 50 they deal very identical base damage in melee compared to barbs for example, and yet they have super diverse skills,spells, etc on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I had started an gray elf bard and they have fairydragon as a pet. I went to save the puppy but in the first level i ran into orc tension room. I killed few of them, took some hits an made my dragon kill the rest.

Now here comes the funny part. Fairydragons from time to time teleport their opponent for some very strange reason and when it was fighting one large orc he decided that it would be fun if he teleported the orc right next to me. So the orc proceeded to critically hit me and since i had very little hp left it was instadeath...

I hadn't played bards before and prolly newer will after this.
    What a bardstard!get it?what?no?oh...