Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Creator's Day Contest 2010

The blanket is very xp gain and therefore race dependent - if you play a lot of gnomes, at the start of the game, finding the blanket and getting back to the wilderness is almost impossible - 2 large bats, a goblin and a kobald after entering the SMC, you are already too high a level to stay much longer, and you will eventually give up on early blankets, generate the SMC at level 1 then immediately leave again, not to return without Invis and teleportation.

Trolls on the other hand, can feel free to explore the entire SMC at the start of the game, and leave by whichever exit they feel like.

Hell, trolls can fully explore the SMC, generate PC 6, save the carpenter, and THEN kill Kranach. Or even better,
    Go straight to PC6, get the puppy as your first kill, then do the SMC, get blanket, go back to PC and level up a bit, and then kill Kranach.
    Last edited by vogonpoet; 07-07-2010 at 01:53 PM.

I never had problems with gnomes diving to the ud?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    The blanket is very xp gain and therefore race dependent - if you play a lot of gnomes, at the start of the game, finding the blanket and getting back to the wilderness is almost impossible - 2 large bats, a goblin and a kobald after entering the SMC, you are already too high a level to stay much longer, and you will eventually give up on early blankets, generate the SMC at level 1 then immediately leave again, not to return without Invis and teleportation.

Trolls on the other hand, can feel free to explore the entire SMC at the start of the game, and leave by whichever exit they feel like.

Hell, trolls can fully explore the SMC, generate PC 6, save the carpenter, and THEN kill Kranach. Or even better,
    Go straight to PC6, get the puppy as your first kill, then do the SMC, get blanket, go back to PC and level up a bit, and then kill Kranach.
    I always thought that monsters are not created with twice your level, they are created with twice your experience points, so trolls and gnomes have the opposite situation in my interpretation.
    Am I wrong?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

my he barbarian died ambushed by orcs on the way from terrinyo to bandit town :/